iOS 8 beta 5 is out. Submit feedback and bugs here!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Garz

Retired Moderator
Mar 9, 2009
Visit site
No he doesn't work for Apple but he does have a point if there was going to be a beta 6 it would have come out on Monday. With only two weeks left before the 9th Apple is going to have their hands full getting the GM ready as well as prepping for the iPhone Keynote. If per chance we do get another one come Monday awesome but I'm not holding my breath.

Well said

pappy53

Banned
Jun 14, 2011
Visit site
No. Not until the public release date. If you want the GM earlier than that, you'll need to download it from the developer center and restore your phone from it like you did with the first beta.

Okay. I thought that it would show as an OTA, like going from 4 to 5 did. Thanks!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Garz

Retired Moderator
Mar 9, 2009
Visit site
Do you work for Apple?
No I don't but my track record with these betas is pretty darn good. When betas didn't release on Mondays and were on various days, I use to give info on when to expect the beta and I usually was right. And once again I was right about no beta coming. People had hope but I told them to stop.

HankAZ

Banned
Jul 26, 2012
Visit site
No I don't but my track record with these betas is pretty darn good. When betas didn't release on Mondays and were on various days, I use to give info on when to expect the beta and I usually was right. And once again I was right about no beta coming. People had hope but I told them to stop.

Dream crusher. :)

MarkY3130

Jun 8, 2014
Visit site
Anyone know where the bookmarks in the Maps application went? On my devices that are still on 7.1.2 the bookmarks are there but I can't locate them in iOS 8. Will iOS 8 handle maps bookmarks differently?

Thanks

MarkY3130

Jun 8, 2014
Visit site
Anyone know where the bookmarks in the Maps application went? On my devices that are still on 7.1.2 the bookmarks are there but I can't locate them in iOS 8. Will iOS 8 handle maps bookmarks differently?

Thanks

Well, I found the bookmarks now! If anybody else is looking just tap the address bar and then click favorites at the top.

Thanks

phreddyl

Feb 12, 2011
Visit site
So is anyone else going to wait to get the GM until the public release or am I just being lazy? Did I mention how much I dislike iTunes?

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
So is anyone else going to wait to get the GM until the public release or am I just being lazy? Did I mention how much I dislike iTunes?

I will be installing the GM (OTA, hopefully) when it's released and then use it to back up my device, and when the "official" public release is available, I will do a clean install of it and then restore the backup I made with the GM.

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
Me. I don't even have a computer that works right now. Would need that. We're not far from release. I can wait a couple weeks. My guess is the 17th.

Sent from my ancient but trustworthy iPhone 5

Garz

Retired Moderator
Mar 9, 2009
Visit site
The GM has not been OTA in past years.
That's correct. Since GM is considered official, Apple hasn't allowed going from beta to official OTA. This year could be different but I wouldn't expect it to be. I'm sure we'll have to install via iTunes.

phreddyl

Feb 12, 2011
Visit site
That's correct. Since GM is considered official, Apple hasn't allowed going from beta to official OTA. This year could be different but I wouldn't expect it to be. I'm sure we'll have to install via iTunes.

If I didn't want to go through iTunes does it become ota once it's released to everyone or do i ultimately have to go through iTunes.

Sent from my iPad Mini using Tapatalk

Garz

Retired Moderator
Mar 9, 2009
Visit site
If I didn't want to go through iTunes does it become ota once it's released to everyone or do i ultimately have to go through iTunes.

Sent from my iPad Mini using Tapatalk
If your on beta, you'll have to go through iTunes either way.

fabio984

Dec 26, 2012
Visit site
Since iOS 8 beta 1 release and I installed it with so many many many errors and bugs that I promessed myself ill install only final version or golden master...
So, today's 6th september, Apple event is next tuesday... We shouldn't have the GOLDEN MASTER here right now? :O

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thomas Woods