iOS 8 beta 5 is out. Submit feedback and bugs here!

Status
Not open for further replies.

jsntrenkler

Trusted Member
Mar 9, 2010
Visit site
It's been rock solid for me so far! ... Wow, this beta is working well ... I did have a slight display glitch when switching tabs in the notification drawer but it corrected itself when I rebooted the device.

idrisinan

Sep 19, 2012
Visit site
Beta 5 is out. Feedback/Bugs thread

"I have several contacts with pictures. If I click on "contacts", and then click on a contact that has a photo, it will show the correct photo. But, if I hit the "back" button, and choose another contact with a photo, it shows the previous person's photo. If I then hit "back", and then select the same contact again, it shows the correct photo. Is this just a glitch in my phone, or has anyone else noticed it?"

That was on 4. It is fixed on 5.

Interesting problem.

Last edited:

Lozi

Oct 13, 2011
Visit site
WhatsApp crashing is WhatsApp issue not iOS 8 issue, also, why run a beta on a daily use decice?

That is exactly why I asked the question, if the problem persisted I wouldnt use it on my daily use device since thats the only problem that prevented me from being on beta. But thanks for the concern.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
I'm having problems with my playlists showing up in the music app

It's as if it took away the built-in playlists (most recently played, etcetera). The one I created almost a week ago for traveling is there along with the listing of all of my purchased songs. I like it.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
I did the OTA update and it's running well. Not sure that I will even worry about clean install. The code seems pretty solid.
I hear ya, and I'm tempted to leave it as-is, but I know I won't be able to withstand the desire to do a clean install....:)

phreddyl

Feb 12, 2011
Visit site
That is exactly why I asked the question, if the problem persisted I wouldnt use it on my daily use device since thats the only problem that prevented me from being on beta. But thanks for the concern.

My guess is that whatsapp won't work until they do an update. Apples update won't fix problems related to software made for ios 7.

anon(631408)

May 27, 2010
Visit site
Has anyone had an issue with Instagram with beta 5 or even beta 4? I am trying to setup my Share settings for Twitter and I continue to get the error - "we couldn't connect to Twitter. If you see this error repeatedly, tap Learn More to visit our Help Center." Help center didn't help. I have uninstalled and reinstalled it but no luck. Tried it in Beta 4 and was hoping it was fixed in Beta 5 but no luck yet.

iBright

Mar 19, 2014
Visit site
My guess is that whatsapp won't work until they do an update. Apples update won't fix problems related to software made for ios 7.

That was the same reason why I never wanted to use the beta as well until I got this nokia Lumia 1320 as a gift so that's what I will use my whatsapp. So far no problem yet with the beta 5. Just stable for me

Sent from my iPhone 5S Gold

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CØR