iOS 8 beta 5 is out. Submit feedback and bugs here!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Is anyone else having an issue setting up Gmail in settings to use with the stock email app? Everytime I set it up it never takes.

Mine is already set up and working, but I updated OTA. Since it is not a primary account for me, I'll delete the account, reboot my device and then see if I can set it up again without any problems and then get back to you. Give me a few minutes.

scmurphy13

Aug 2, 2009
Visit site
Mine is already set up and working, but I updated OTA. Since it is not a primary account for me, I'll delete the account, reboot my device and then see if I can set it up again without any problems and then get back to you. Give me a few minutes.

Thanks. Only other thing I can try, which I don't want to do, is reset the phone. I'll wait to see what you find. I can't get any accounts to stick. iCloud, Gmail, nothing.

Just_Me_D

Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Thanks. Only other thing I can try, which I don't want to do, is reset the phone. I'll wait to see what you find. I can't get any accounts to stick. iCloud, Gmail, nothing.

Before resetting the phone, try a reboot first to see if that clears the way for you to successfully set up your email accounts.

scmurphy13

Aug 2, 2009
Visit site
Before resetting the phone, try a reboot first to see if that clears the way for you to successfully set up your email accounts.

I've rebooted 3-4 times. I've tried a reboot right after setting it up. I've tried a reboot and then setting them up. Nothing works. If the reset doesn't work, I'll just downgrade back to 7.1.2 and restore my backup from then.

Just_Me_D

Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
I've rebooted 3-4 times. I've tried a reboot right after setting it up. I've tried a reboot and then setting them up. Nothing works. If the reset doesn't work, I'll just downgrade back to 7.1.2 and restore my backup from then.

Oh okay. Let us it how it turns out either way...:)

HankAZ

Banned
Jul 26, 2012
Visit site
so the consensus of B5 is good or nah?

Works well for me. So far. Battery is solid, no "show stopper" bugs found yet. I am -->| |<-- this close to swapping my SIM from my daily driver device to my test device. I am that happy with it.

HankAZ

Banned
Jul 26, 2012
Visit site
The bug that I found late last week regarding the speaker phone setting has been fixed in B5. In Beta 4, if I hung up a call from speaker phone mode, when I placed another call, the speaker phone was enabled. Beta 5 now always resets to "off", as I think it should.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CØR