iOS 8 beta 5 is out. Submit feedback and bugs here!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Junior33178

Jun 15, 2012
Visit site
No. Have never seen that before.

Before to setup as new, try two simple things first. Go to App Store in settings and sign out from your account. Double tap home button and kill App Store from App switcher.
Go back to settings and sign in your App Store account again, then go to the App Store and check how it behaves then.

phreddyl

Feb 12, 2011
Visit site
The only bug I have is Whatsapp which is expected because it's not optimised for this beta. Other than that I have no bugs.
This beta is the best!

I agree. This one has been really good. I had a little lag in imessage on last beta. It's gone now. My weather is back too on drop down

Steve Penny

Aug 7, 2014
Visit site
Haven't searched the whole thread, but three main issues for me:
- Apps won't update
- Apps get locked in a certain rotation and won't move unless force-closed. Also the occasional random rotation (without me moving the phone)
- Photos in the main library wrongly rotated i.e. will take a picture holding the phone normally (vertically - portrait), but when I view the picture in the Photo app the saved picture will be upside down or in Landscape.
- Lockscreen text (date,time etc) in white 50% of the time despite me having a white background.

Evernote crashes on load, as does Yahoo! Weather (one which also won't update) but bar that it's generally ok.

Last edited:

Chad Mullins

Jan 27, 2013
Visit site
I am noticing occasional rotation issues. Also, I am unable to view pdf attachments in the mail app. Works fine in ios7 but not in beta 4 or 5. Hows viewing attachments in mail working for you?

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Haven't searched the whole thread, but three main issues for me:
- Apps won't update
- Apps get locked in a certain rotation and won't move unless force-closed. Also the occasional random rotation (without me moving the phone)
- Photos in the main library wrongly rotated i.e. will take a picture holding the phone normally (vertically - portrait), but when I view the picture in the Photo app the saved picture will be upside down or in Landscape.
- Lockscreen text (date,time etc) in white 50% of the time despite me having a white background.

Evernote crashes on load, as does Yahoo! Weather (one which also won't update) but bar that it's generally ok.
You might want to reset your device and download a fresh copy of iOS 8 beta 5 because I'm not experiencing any of those things.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
I am noticing occasional rotation issues. Also, I am unable to view pdf attachments in the mail app. Works fine in ios7 but not in beta 4 or 5. Hows viewing attachments in mail working for you?

You're right, and if I tap on the screen where the opened .pdf file should appear, the screen turns black. Yet, if I select the "open in" option and then select an app like PDF Expert, the file is readily available for viewing.

pappy53

Banned
Jun 14, 2011
Visit site
If I tap and hold the smiley key on the keyboard, the predictive text option is grayed out.
Anyone else?

Last edited:

mubashiramin

Jun 21, 2014
Visit site
Have this bug since beta 3 (may exist in earlier betas but i noticed in beta 3)
Go to dialer. dial some number. tab + to add to contact as new contact. when edit screen appears press power button to lock and unlock. you will see screen below when unlocked.
IMG_2754.PNG

mubashiramin

Jun 21, 2014
Visit site
Where is personal hot-spot option? I can't find it in any beta.

Update: I turn on cellular data and restarted phone. Hotspot option appeared. turned off cellular data and hotspot gone. Turned on cellular data and there in no hotspot. So I think I have to restart phone every time after turning on cellular data to use hotspot :(

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Modernormal