How to get WhatsApp working on iOS 8

Jul 3, 2014
Visit site
Well with the new iOS 8 in beta many people are having issues with WhatsApp and its getting everyone crazy, it seems you can get the beta version of WhatsApp that works on iOS 8!

Download the latest WhatsApp Beta for iOS 8: https://imzdl.com/

Instructions on how to install WhatsApp Beta For iOS 8:

Note: You must be a developer or your UDID registered with certificates and provisioning to install these.

Note: You must have a Mac running OS X 10.6+.

1. Download iModSign on: https://imzdl.com/iModSign/iModSign.zip
2. Open iModSign. You will be brought to a screen asking you to choose the certificate, which will show up if you did everything correctly up to now. Select the certificate and click use this certificate.
3. Drag the WhatsApp.ipa into where it says "Drag .IPA Here" or browse for IPA file.
4. Done! The app is now resigned all you need to do it drag the resigned copy of the IPA into iTunes (if you didn’t check the option to do it automatically) and Sync!

If you have any questions please feel free to ask.

Please check out my other thread on how to get Widgets & Keyboards on iOS 8: http://forums.imore.com/ios-8/292972-ios-8-widgets-keyboards.html

Last edited:

kataran

Ambassador
Mar 11, 2013
Visit site
Welcome to iMore Pedro

There's always risks associated with any type of Beta and I just want the members to know this in advance

Thanks for the tip Pedro

Lewis Painter

Jul 29, 2014
Visit site
I followed the steps but sadly I still can't get it to work. I resign, add via iTunes and once it installs it just greys out like its waiting for an update. Any ideas? :)

Philipp1988

Aug 1, 2014
Visit site
I followed the steps but sadly I still can't get it to work. I resign, add via iTunes and once it installs it just greys out like its waiting for an update. Any ideas? :)

i have the same problem. i rebooted my device but i still have this problem.
i downloaded the "iOS Team Provisioning Profile" from my Developer Member Center and add it to my device by using Xcode. It doesn't work :(

minamoxx

Sep 20, 2014
Visit site
okay. i've followed everything you've pointed out but until on the iModSign, there were no certificates shown and i've update it several times and it still end up with nothing. did i do something wrong?

iBright

Mar 19, 2014
Visit site
Whatsapp is just working fine now on iOS 8
Just need to update to the latest version from AppStore

iPhone 5S Gold ( iOS 7.1.2 )

TechnologyTwitt

Oct 28, 2013
Visit site
The only issue I'm seeing is, it's disconnecting from the network more often (I'm unable to speech to text because the microphone button is grayed out). Closing the app and reopening it restores the ability to speech to text.

Trending Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gokox