iOS 8 Beta 4 for developers is available - Discuss bugs etc. here

Status
Not open for further replies.

HankAZ

Banned
Jul 26, 2012
Visit site
I just noticed on iOS 8 b4, if I am on a call in speaker phone mode and end the call without switching speaker off, when I place the next call, it is still in speaker phone mode. If I turn off the speaker before ending the call, the next call is NOT in speaker phone mode. Interesting. Not sure how I feel about that yet. It may be intentional, or a bug.

Discuss.

Junior33178

Jun 15, 2012
Visit site
I just noticed on iOS 8 b4, if I am on a call in speaker phone mode and end the call without switching speaker off, when I place the next call, it is still in speaker phone mode. If I turn off the speaker before ending the call, the next call is NOT in speaker phone mode. Interesting. Not sure how I feel about that yet. It may be intentional, or a bug.

Discuss.

Good Question HanKaz, today noticed that is exactly as you describe. IMO, this could be a bug, because is not logical that for further calls since last one with speaker phone mode ON, should be ON until it is turned off.
When someone uses speaker phone is a circumstantial feature, after that, by default, it should be turned off by the end of call.

Another one I've noticed, and it has not been mentioned here yet, is when you turn your iphone off (and before that, you have localization enabled but Siri is set to "never") next time you use Siri after turn iphone back on, Siri localization is set to "When application is used" and stays set.

JDabney

Jun 17, 2012
Visit site
The quick reply feature works well on my device and I use it often, but I hate not being able to use any punctuations with it....:)

This was taken from another forum and website, but should help:

"Okay I'm sure most of you love the new QuickReply feature on the LockScreen and miss your Number ("123") keyboard + Emoji ( ) keyboard.
Here is my easy run around to hold you over till beta 5.

1.) Hit the "Shift" key (this will allow you to hit "Return") right away and then quickly hit "Return".

2.) That's it! Now you can backspace to your original spot and now you'll be able to access the Number Keyboard and the Emoji Keyboard! Keep on QuickReplying!"

It's a quick workaround and fix at least until the next beta. Has been working for me.

Sent from my iPhone using iMore Forums mobile app

rayz336

Mar 10, 2011
Visit site
T
This was taken from another forum and website, but should help:

"Okay I'm sure most of you love the new QuickReply feature on the LockScreen and miss your Number ("123") keyboard + Emoji ( ) keyboard.
Here is my easy run around to hold you over till beta 5.

1.) Hit the "Shift" key (this will allow you to hit "Return") right away and then quickly hit "Return".

2.) That's it! Now you can backspace to your original spot and now you'll be able to access the Number Keyboard and the Emoji Keyboard! Keep on QuickReplying!"

It's a quick workaround and fix at least until the next beta. Has been working for me.

Sent from my iPhone using iMore Forums mobile app
Thanks for this workaround

Status
Not open for further replies.