iOS 8 Beta 4 for developers is available - Discuss bugs etc. here

Status
Not open for further replies.

acerace113

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
Weather worked for me in betas 1 and 2 but has not worked in notifications since beta 3.

Weather works for me in beta 4, just remember to enable location services for the weather app.
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1406116921.751949.jpg

Sent from my 5th gen iPod touch (beta testing) or iPhone 5S using Tapatalk

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Weather works for me in beta 4, just remember to enable location services for the weather app.
View attachment 61178

Sent from my 5th gen iPod touch (beta testing) or iPhone 5S using Tapatalk

Yep, same here. Go to Settings - Privacy - Location Services and enable it for the native weather app. Afterwards, reboot your device.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1406118775.372016.jpg

Raneciansamaiya

Apr 23, 2010
Visit site
I'm also having an issue with weather refreshing. I have location services on but it won't refresh. If I'm in the same location the time will change but the temp will be be same as the past hour or so ago. It also will not change when I change locations. I have to do reset location services in order to get it to update. But after awhile it reverts back to the problem. Any suggestions.........

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
I'm also having an issue with weather refreshing. I have location services on but it won't refresh. If I'm in the same location the time will change but the temp will be be same as the past hour or so ago. It also will not change when I change locations. I have to do reset location services in order to get it to update. But after awhile it reverts back to the problem. Any suggestions.........

Well, as you can see from the screenshot, the temperature at my location has increased by 2? since my initial screenshot a few posts up.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1406119791.474624.jpg

Try a reboot. If that doesn't help, you may have to reinstall beta 4.

rpol86

Jul 12, 2012
Visit site
Guys i have updated iOS 8 Beta 4 and i have found that the Photostream album in Photos application is not there... i have checked the icloud settings.. i tried logging out and the relogging again.. but still there is no photostream album... please anyone could help me out of it...

I had the same problem, than I realized that photo stream is now integrated into photos. If you turn off photo stream you will notice some of your pictures go away. Turn it back on and the pictures will start downloading again.

Sent from my iPhone using iMore Forums

phreddyl

Feb 12, 2011
Visit site
I had the same problem, than I realized that photo stream is now integrated into photos. If you turn off photo stream you will notice some of your pictures go away. Turn it back on and the pictures will start downloading again.

I don't like them integrated. I preferred one big album.

rpol86

Jul 12, 2012
Visit site
I don't like them integrated. I preferred one big album.

I actually like it this way. Less clutter. I actually never used the photo stream album. I always went through the moments to view and delete photos.

pappy53

Banned
Jun 14, 2011
Visit site
I have several contacts with pictures. If I click on "contacts", and then click on a contact that has a photo, it will show the correct photo. But, if I hit the "back" button, and choose another contact with a photo, it shows the previous person's photo. If I then hit "back", and then select the same contact again, it shows the correct photo. Is this just a glitch in my phone, or has anyone else noticed it?

acerace113

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
Forgot to mention when I did the OTA update from beta 3 to beta 4 Bluetooth wasn't re-enabled (I always have Bluetooth off) after the update was done nor was it enabled by default when I did a clean restore.

Sent from my iPhone 5S or 5th gen iPod Touch (beta testing) using Tapatalk

misanthropic

May 14, 2014
Visit site
Hello,

I wanted to download an app from the app store and i was prompted the box to write my password... My virtual keyboard jumped out and the keyboard just frozed (coudn't type anything on it) and also coudn't get rid of her... even when i exited the app or when i locked my ipad. The keyboard still persisted after a reboot so I was forced to hard reset my device... Wicked stuff!:)

Screenshots
ImageUploadedByiMore Forums1406130550.914162.jpgImageUploadedByiMore Forums1406130565.266104.jpg

Sent from my iPad using iMore Forums

piranhadonna

Nov 14, 2010
Visit site
I have several contacts with pictures. If I click on "contacts", and then click on a contact that has a photo, it will show the correct photo. But, if I hit the "back" button, and choose another contact with a photo, it shows the previous person's photo. If I then hit "back", and then select the same contact again, it shows the correct photo. Is this just a glitch in my phone, or has anyone else noticed it?

No it is not a glitch in your phone. I also have this happening.

Status
Not open for further replies.