iOS 8 Beta 4 for developers is available - Discuss bugs etc. here

Status
Not open for further replies.

iknrisms

Aug 23, 2012
Visit site
Still hate the delete "X" option in Notification Center. It's kind of awkward bringing up another "X". The blue "Dismiss" option made more sense to me functionally and aesthetically.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

phreddyl

Feb 12, 2011
Visit site
Has anyone got whatsapp to work? Mine keeps crashing. My phone is still restoring so I haven't deleted and reinstalled yet

avmsam

Aug 18, 2009
Visit site
when you delete whatsapp and reinstall it try not restoring chat from backup.

it works for me but it's still finicky with certain letters like 'fi' and 'ff'.

Last edited:

Tartarus

Ambassador
Feb 20, 2014
Visit site
Has anyone got whatsapp to work? Mine keeps crashing. My phone is still restoring so I haven't deleted and reinstalled yet

I just choose Clear All Conversation when that happens to me. The crashing stops, till someone or me post a word with 'fi' or 'ff' in it
yzyvuru3.jpg

vincie76

Jul 1, 2012
Visit site
y7y4apes.jpg

I'm not really sure if this mark as read and trash was there in previous beta. Any one notice this?

Last edited:

phreddyl

Feb 12, 2011
Visit site
Ok I have two questions. When I pull down notification center weather isn't showing up. It seems like it should cause it has weather provided by at the bottom
ygu4emeh.jpg

Also what happened to my photo stream in photos? I don't see the folder. I know anything before the update won't be in there but I tried taking a picture after and still nothing. I checked and it's on in settings

phreddyl

Feb 12, 2011
Visit site
Also it still says iCloud back up is in progress. Seems like it's done. Anyone see this? I'll leave it overnight I guess. I really don't want to wipe and restore again.

rpol86

Jul 12, 2012
Visit site
Ok I have two questions. When I pull down notification center weather isn't showing up. It seems like it should cause it has weather provided by at the bottom http://img.tapatalk.com/d/14/07/23/ygu4emeh.jpg

Also what happened to my photo stream in photos? I don't see the folder. I know anything before the update won't be in there but I tried taking a picture after and still nothing. I checked and it's on in settings

Try scrolling up

Sent from my iPhone using iMore Forums

Rahul Mhatre1

Jul 23, 2014
Visit site
Guys i have updated iOS 8 Beta 4 and i have found that the Photostream album in Photos application is not there... i have checked the icloud settings.. i tried logging out and the relogging again.. but still there is no photostream album... please anyone could help me out of it...

nikkisharif

Ambassador
Jun 2, 2011
Visit site
I'm kind of nervous. I'll probably hold off until I can catch up on all these comments. I'm using beta 3 & this is the most stable my phone has been since beta 1... I can't go back to that same craziness that beta 2 came with.

melbsteve

Jun 23, 2013
Visit site
yes that one is surprising considering it hasn't been there in beta3. I just installed it on iPad and it doesn't happen there. Generally speaking it feels super smooth on iPad (mini), somewhat better than on iPhone.

I can't get my head around the Photostream issue either. It's vanished and instead I'm asked to sign up for the new iCloud Photo service (whatever it's called exactly). Now, if I hit yes it says I don't have sufficient iCloud storage and tries to sell me more GB. Which I'm not really interested in at this point. They haven't completely dropped the Photostream (latest 1000 pics on all devices for free) service in order to sell the new one, have they? I hope not. So I guess for now I won't have my photos synchronised automatically between devices. Doesn't bother me as long as Photostream comes back with the next beta or at least the GM. If it's been dropped entirely though Apple and I have beef.

*update* I stand corrected, just took a picture on my phone and it shows up under recently added on iPad. So maybe theyve just integrated the stream into the one folder? At least my assumption.

Last edited:

OZsMac

Mar 22, 2014
Visit site
Beta 4 for me is quite good on both iPad Air and iPhone 5S. I tried beta 1, had to give up on beta 2 and now upon returning to beta 4 I'm more than happy with it.

On both devices it is stable, had a few odd screen issues with orientation, but nothing that stopped me from doing what I needed.

The killer feature for me is the ability to fire up hotspot on my MacBook Air without having to take my iPad out of my bag and fiddle with settings, it is truely fantastic. I've now dropped using mailbox (private email) and boxer (work exchange) in favour of the great new mail app, especially with swipe actions and contact completion suggestions, obviously both were in beta 1 however the general platform was a struggle.

Battery life seems on par with 7.1.2, so happy with that, surprised actually.

So far happy with beta 4, no thoughts of heading back to v7.x and enjoying the new features.

melillobm

Jan 24, 2011
Visit site
My battery was horrible on beta 4.

I did a wipe and restore and now battery life is great again. I think something gets hung up when you just upgrade. I've noticed I had to wipe and restore every beta upgrade in order to have the best experience.

iOS Gravity

Sep 24, 2013
Visit site
Ok I have two questions. When I pull down notification center weather isn't showing up. It seems like it should cause it has weather provided by at the bottom http://img.tapatalk.com/d/14/07/23/ygu4emeh.jpg

Hit edit and add weather to the tab.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CØR