iOS 8 Beta 4 for developers is available - Discuss bugs etc. here

Status
Not open for further replies.

ajl

Mar 25, 2013
Visit site
gosh, I am so torn between keeping my jailbreak or loading up Beta 4. it's a hard life

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

acerace113

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
Apparently Apple is wiping all cloud kit data again tomorrow...

Sent from my iPhone 5S or 5th gen iPod Touch (beta testing) using Tapatalk

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
Here's mine. I am not on beta. ImageUploadedByTapatalk1405973710.743180.jpg

Sent from from my ancient but trustworthy iPhone 5

Update: I see now how the lines are now gone.

Last edited:

acerace113

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
It looks that way because you have "Reduce Transparency" turned off in settings. Mine looks the same and I'm not on beta.

Reduced transparency turned on:
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1405973888.258290.jpg
Reduced transparency turned off:
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1405973962.846923.jpg
Both screen shots are from beta 4

Sent from my iPhone 5S or 5th gen iPod Touch (beta testing) using Tapatalk

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Ok so you were in an app (let's say Facebook) and an email notification came in, you could drag it down and read it? I should have been more clear. Sorry.

Sorry about that. Anyway, after sending myself another test email message and then quickly jumping into the Twitter app, I did get the notification with only the two options you mentioned: "Mark as Read" and "Trash"....:)

HankAZ

Banned
Jul 26, 2012
Visit site
Here's mine. I am not on beta. View attachment 61076

Here's a side-by-side comparison:
http://forums.imore.com/ios-8/29443...ilable-discuss-bugs-etc-here.html#post2295713

The "redesign" is simply a matter of filling in the circles with white/grey (depending on "ON" or "OFF") on the icons, and filling the space between the lines on the BRIGHTNESS setting and the AIRDROP link. Meh. It looks better, but hardly a "redesign".

ghostface147

Oct 1, 2009
Visit site
Sorry about that. Anyway, after sending myself another test email message and then quickly jumping into the Twitter app, I did get the notification with only the two options you mentioned: "Mark as Read" and "Trash"....:)

Thanks. I found that notification feature in iOS 7 to be very handy. Apple's always changing something that was valuable.

So with Message Preview turned off I can't quick reply from NC now. I used to be able to.

And that's why quick reply is crap. Maybe they can let you have it disabled, but when you quick replay....then allow it to be seen.

andyb488

Jul 14, 2013
Visit site
Any uk users having App Store issues on your 5s? Mine seems to want to go to us store so I can't use the featured or explore features 😞

Sent from my iPhone using iMore Forums

Daniel Smith4

Jun 12, 2013
Visit site
What would be the point of letting you quick reply with message preview off? If you have message preview off then I assume you don't want others seeing what has been said, swiping down for quick reply and then reading the message from there will make absolutely 0 difference to someone wanting to quickly read what someone has texted you.

Just turn quick reply on.

I'm getting the lines on the screen too, though not constant they come and go randomly. No major bugs or issues so far, might actually be able to stick with the Beta this time, depends on Battery life. Whatsapp thus far seems okay too.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CØR