What features of handoff have you guys got working between iPhone and iPad?

andyb488

Jul 14, 2013
Visit site
Hi all

I have a 5s and iPad 4 but am yet to see it work I'm now on beta 3 on both devices.

Andy

Sent from my iPhone using iMore Forums

qbnkelt

Mar 17, 2012
Visit site
Hi all

I have a 5s and iPad 4 but am yet to see it work I'm now on beta 3 on both devices.

Andy

Oh I REALLY would love to see an answer here....*hits refresh for the fifteenth time*

piranhadonna

Nov 14, 2010
Visit site
I've got phone calls to work on my iPad. Haven't had any texts other than iMessage so don't know it that is working.

HankAZ

Banned
Jul 26, 2012
Visit site
I have gotten it to work using Safari. I opened a page in Safari on my iPad Mini running beta 3. Then picked up my iPhone 5S running beta 3 and saw the handoff icon on the lock screen. Tapped the icon and was prompted to unlock my iPhone. After I did, Safari popped up on the same page as was active in Safari on my iPad.

I am NOT able to go the other way (iPad to iPhone), however.

andyb488

Jul 14, 2013
Visit site
I find I have no issues with safari iPhone to iPad and iPad to iPhone both work great.

Phone call though are not all that great whilst it works (sort of) its not very useable. I can get a phone call and it takes so long to reach the iPad the phone has either rang out or I have answered it before the call shows on the iPad then If I miss a call the iPad still shows the call for some time later.

As for messages I don't get any partial messages showing up I get the message notification but it only open the contact I have started to send a message to.

Text massages don't work at all for me.

jsntrenkler

Trusted Member
Mar 9, 2010
Visit site
Messages are working for me however for some reason when I send a iMessage user a message it sends it to them as a text message.

misanthropic

May 14, 2014
Visit site
Hello,

With ios 8 beta 4 my calls and messeges from iphone are getting through on my ipad. I can make/recieve calls and write messeges from my ipad with no problem. The only problem is that my ipad is getting very hot when i'm talking with someone through my iphone.

Sent from my iPad using iMore Forums

andyb488

Jul 14, 2013
Visit site
When you say messages do you mean text messages? I can only get iMessages and emails to work?

acerace113

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
Hope people remember that for handoff to work you need your devices on the betas, signed in to iCloud, and Bluetooth on for it to work.

kch50428

Oct 22, 2010
Visit site
Hope people remember that for handoff to work you need your devices on the betas, signed in to iCloud, and Bluetooth on for it to work.
I'm not so sure about bluetooth being on... my iPad sees what I've got open on computer - but not the other way... and bluetooth is off for me.

Anthonyiamador

Oct 27, 2012
Visit site
For me, Bluetooth must be on for handoff to work between my iPhone 5 and iPad mini 1st gen. When I turn Bluetooth on it stops working.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
INTERNET BUNDLE NOW