iOS 8 Beta 3 for devs available for download. Bugs/Feedback thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

jsntrenkler

Trusted Member
Mar 9, 2010
Visit site
I found a work around for the App Store crashing. If you search for the app in Safari it will take you to the appropriate App Store page and let you download the app without re springing

anon(52425)

Mar 1, 2009
Visit site
I found a work around for the App Store crashing. If you search for the app in Safari it will take you to the appropriate App Store page and let you download the app without re springing

You can also search for apps from the home screen search (swipe down), that is how I was doing it before reverting back it iOS 7.

Natt Moore

Banned
Jan 25, 2014
Visit site
Has anyone else heard about this apparent new feature in battery usage called 'battery life suggestions'? Apparently it was available since beta 1 but I can't find it

Sent from my iPhone using iMore Forums

mubashiramin

Jun 21, 2014
Visit site
Battery life for third beta is amazing for me on iphone 5. Never get such long battery time with any other version. Its better than stable version of 7.1.2.
I am thinking to stuck to this version even after release of stable version of 8.0 if that final one don't provide such battery timing:)

acerace113

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
Has anyone else heard about this apparent new feature in battery usage called 'battery life suggestions'? Apparently it was available since beta 1 but I can't find it

Sent from my iPhone using iMore Forums

Yep

That battery life suggestions is new
View attachment 60425

Sent from my 5th gen iPod touch (beta testing) or iPhone 5S using Tapatalk

Sent from my iPhone 5S or 5th gen iPod Touch using Tapatalk

Doc Z

Sep 15, 2012
Visit site
I was dead set on keeping this as my OS from now on but I just couldn't do it. Still way too many bugs. Freezing being the biggest one. They also need to speed up the quick reply process - right now there's nothing quick about it between all the animations. Back to 7.1 for me.

jsntrenkler

Trusted Member
Mar 9, 2010
Visit site
I was dead set on keeping this as my OS from now on but I just couldn't do it. Still way too many bugs. Freezing being the biggest one. They also need to speed up the quick reply process - right now there's nothing quick about it between all the animations. Back to 7.1 for me.

Did you try installing the Beta while your iPhone was in DFU mode? ... Seems to have worked better for me, overall buttery smooth. Occasional hiccup here and there, app store respringing while downloading a app or completely crashing is the only major bug for me, overall though it is smooth sailing.

acerace113

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
The App Store worked for me on all betas so far, I just wait for the featured tab to fully load then a tap on the search tab and search for an app.

jsntrenkler

Trusted Member
Mar 9, 2010
Visit site
The App Store worked for me on all betas so far, I just wait for the featured tab to fully load then a tap on the search tab and search for an app.

I tried letting the featured tab load fully and it still crashes for me. Good news is you can still sync apps over via iTunes so I have all the apps I actually use.

acerace113

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
I tried letting the featured tab load fully and it still crashes for me. Good news is you can still sync apps over via iTunes so I have all the apps I actually use.

The only thing I can think of is a corrupt file relating to the App Store on your device.

reeneebob

Jun 10, 2011
Visit site
I just downloaded the beta and so far haven't had any issues. It's been a few hours now and none of my apps are having issues, even tapatalk. Very happy so far.

Loving the keyboard.

iOS Gravity

Sep 24, 2013
Visit site
No headphones plugged in.

u2y5yve2.jpg

iOS Gravity

Sep 24, 2013
Visit site
Great. Battery usage didn't work before and now the battery is dying because mail is being used in the background when I already turned it off.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2