iOS 8 Beta 3 for devs available for download. Bugs/Feedback thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

acerace113

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
My Facebook app and the messenger app don't work properly for some reason.
Anyone else?

Sent from my iPhone 5s using Tapatalk 2
Owner and Founder of Zamkato.com
BBM Channel - C002BF8A7

Facebook works fine for me, I don't use messenger so I have no idea on that one.

Sent from my 5th gen iPod touch (beta testing) or iPhone 5S using Tapatalk

Rockee

Jun 28, 2014
Visit site
I mentioned this in Beta 2 but I guess a lot of people don't use the built in group messaging. In Beta 1, I was able to change the "Subject" for any group and leave, Beta 2 I no longer had the option to change the "Subject" in group messages with both iPhone and other non-iPhone users. Beta 3 is giving me the same results. I can send a group text to JUST iPhone users and change the subject or leave, soon as I create a group with non-iPhone users those two options disappear, again I was only able to do it in Beta 1.

Would anyone be so kind to try and see what results you get?

matthewjagiela

Jan 15, 2013
Visit site
I mentioned this in Beta 2 but I guess a lot of people don't use the built in group messaging. In Beta 1, I was able to change the "Subject" for any group and leave, Beta 2 I no longer had the option to change the "Subject" in group messages with both iPhone and other non-iPhone users. Beta 3 is giving me the same results. I can send a group text to JUST iPhone users and change the subject or leave, soon as I create a group with non-iPhone users those two options disappear, again I was only able to do it in Beta 1.

Would anyone be so kind to try and see what results you get?

I believe these features are only available with iMessage because of the dependency on Apple's servers.

piranhadonna

Nov 14, 2010
Visit site
Two days now all my notifications that I had turned off for Notification Center and lock screen turned back on.

Sent from my iPhone using iMore Forums

snorbaard

Apr 29, 2012
Visit site
Beta 3 is proving buggier than beta 2 for me. Tapatalk doesn?t work (that's the app developer issue). The App Store is useless (Apple's deal), and now I can?t open the Mail app - it crashes constantly.

Putting this one away for now, until Beta 4 drops. Not worth my time and effort. Back to my daily driver on 7.1.2.

The App Store is useless for me as well. The moment I try to buy an app, The device resprings. My guess is that it has something to do with TouchID, as redownloading an app doesn't cause this.

Beta 2 was unusable for me due to the Phone app call gui issue, but this one's more usable for me (at this moment).

gazoo2010

Sep 27, 2013
Visit site
I have a TMO iPhone 5s. I just can not seem to find where it is in Settings.

~S

I finally found the setting for wifi calling. Of course it was completely obvious once I found it :)

Here's where it is:
The Setting for enabling WiFi calling is found under the Phone preferences in the Settings iPhone app

~S

Garz

Retired Moderator
Mar 9, 2009
Visit site
These betas are so far behind last year when it comes to stability and we remember how buggy it was at launch in September. Unless Apple gets their coding in gear, it could be a rough update launch this fall.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
I finally found the setting for wifi calling. Of course it was completely obvious once I found it :)

Here's where it is:
The Setting for enabling WiFi calling is found under the Phone preferences in the Settings iPhone app

~S
Isn't that where I said it was in my initial response to you?....:)

melillobm

Jan 24, 2011
Visit site
These betas are so far behind last year when it comes to stability and we remember how buggy it was at launch in September. Unless Apple gets their coding in gear, it could be a rough update launch this fall.

I feel the exact same way. I don't remember ios 7 being this buggy in beta, however, ios 8 is a huge change as far as the way apps can communicate with each other. It will be interesting in the fall.

acerace113

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
I'm downgrading my iPod to 7.1.2 for now but not cause of the beta, I need it as a daily co-driver at the moment along side my iPhone for the next week or 4 and I'm going to need certain apps to work 100% during that time. Might install the beta again after I don't need my iPod as much.

Sent from my iPhone 5S or 5th gen iPod Touch (beta testing) using Tapatalk

mjk5025

Jul 11, 2012
Visit site
Posted this in the app thread but got no response, so trying here.

Spotify works on first install, but after a force close by either myself or the OS, I get the splash screen and then it crashes whenever I open it. I've uninstalled/reinstalled a couple of times and it's happened every time. Anyone else seeing this?

iknrisms

Aug 23, 2012
Visit site
Honestly I think this beta is more stable than the previous versions (as expected). Obviously third-party apps have to update on the developer side but after doing a CLEAN install it seems to work better. I've found that OTA's pretty much suck but after restoring to a clean install it works better.

I don't think these betas are any worse than 7 (actually 7 was horrible and even worse GM) but I think 8 is trying to clean that all up but also adding features that require app participation and the sort. That's just me though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Honestly I think this beta is more stable than the previous versions (as expected). Obviously third-party apps have to update on the developer side but after doing a CLEAN install it seems to work better. I've found that OTA's pretty much suck but after restoring to a clean install it works better.

I don't think these betas are any worse than 7 (actually 7 was horrible and even worse GM) but I think 8 is trying to clean that all up but also adding features that require app participation and the sort. That's just me though.

I agree, and it appears as if I will keep it installed throughout its duration.

iknrisms

Aug 23, 2012
Visit site
I agree, and it appears as if I will keep it installed throughout its duration.

Same here. There are some annoyances that naturally come with the beta territory but nothing that I can't at least find a workaround for. I'm expecting at least two more before a GM release. Maybe even 7 then GM. It seems Apple is taking their time ironing out each individual kink rather than a bulk "fix" that will still have issues come official release time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
INTERNET BUNDLE NOW