Photos STILL showing up....

anon(52425)

Mar 1, 2009
Visit site
I do not know if this is an iOS 8 beta thing but I believe I tried this on iOS 7.1 but gave up if my memory serves me. Anyway, I am running Beta 2.

I decided I do not need previous photos on my iPhone and only care about what I have on my iPhone camera roll (even though beta seems to still have the photo folders all wonky). Anyway, I unchecked "sync photos from iPhoto" in iTunes but once I sync the iPhone, I go into the photos app and under "photos (bottom left)" all the photos STILL remain.

What am I missing? I though they would be entirely gone.

kataran

Ambassador
Mar 11, 2013
Visit site
Not sure but in the meanwhile you can manually delete them but I'm sure you know that and my answer isn't very helpful

iknrisms

Aug 23, 2012
Visit site
So you're syncing via USB to iTunes and have iPhoto checked? I would try unchecking iPhoto sync and then go under Settings > Photos & Camera and choose either My Photo Stream or iCloud Photo Library (if using iOS 8). I think this could be similar to how iTunes Match asks to erase all music before starting up, so this may erase all the photos you don't want (except what's in the camera roll).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

iknrisms

Aug 23, 2012
Visit site
OR it could be your sync settings under the actual iPhoto application. Make sure you don't have automatic sync (or something along those lines) on and it should stop syncing. If you're using iOS 8 beta 2, however, it could just need an update. I'm having issues with photos still taking up space that aren't even there. Smh

anon(52425)

Mar 1, 2009
Visit site
OR it could be your sync settings under the actual iPhoto application. Make sure you don't have automatic sync (or something along those lines) on and it should stop syncing. If you're using iOS 8 beta 2, however, it could just need an update. I'm having issues with photos still taking up space that aren't even there. Smh

This seems to be a beta 2 problem. I swear beta 2 is worse than the first one we got.

qbnkelt

Mar 17, 2012
Visit site
Dang....this is why I know I can't load a beta. These things would drive me crazy.

COME ON SEPTEMBER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:)

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2