Revert back to iOS7.1.1 or keep iOS8 and wait beta3?

Fx Kmd

Jun 22, 2014
Visit site
What do you think? Its true that i only have issue with whatsapp and Skype... I could keep iOS8 but I want a stable os

Sent from my iPhone using iMore Forums

qbnkelt

Mar 17, 2012
Visit site
What do you think? Its true that i only have issue with whatsapp and Skype... I could keep iOS8 but I want a stable os

I would say it depends on how much you need those apps. And what kind of trouble you're having with them.

Personally, I would keep iOS 8.

John Yester

Moderator Team Leader
Ambassador
May 23, 2012
Visit site
Beta 2 is not stable.. You wont see Beta 3 for a few more weeks.

If the OS is not to much trouble stay. Otherwise downgrade.

Tytanious

Aug 29, 2010
Visit site
Of course a beta isn't going to be stable. That's why it's a beta... If you want stable, run the latest Apple approved (non-beta) iOS version.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site

If you're only having issues with the two apps you mentioned then it wouldn't hurt to continue using iOS8 beta 2. If it weren't for the fact that it wouldn't allow me to answer calls consistently, I would still be running beta 2.

HankAZ

Banned
Jul 26, 2012
Visit site
Of course a beta isn't going to be stable. That's why it's a beta... If you want stable, run the latest Apple approved (non-beta) iOS version.

Not necessarily true. It’s a beta, and you can expect issues, but so far, both betas of iOS 8 are very stable for me. Much moreso than either iOS 6 or iOS 7.

BreakingKayfabe

Sep 12, 2008
Visit site
mother of god, please just go back to 7.1.1 if you're referring to beta 2 as not being stable. You answered your own question in that post.

Just_Me_D

Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
There's also a big difference between the OS being unstable and certain apps not working. If they are apps you use alot and rely on, I understand wanting to revert back. But apps not working is par for the course for a beta and doesn't imply the OS itself is unstable. Maybe iOS 8 beta 2 is unstable for some, but for me the OS has been solid even as I've had trouble with some apps.

I sorely miss the features of iOS 8 and am thinking about re-installing it tomorrow to see if the call answering issue goes away.

Just_Me_D

Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
AT&T iphone 5s

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Okay, thanks. I have an iPhone 5 (Verizon). As I stated earlier, I enjoy the iOS 8 and miss the features associated with it, but the call answering issue became a nuisance. Still, I think I'm going to take some time to re-install it tomorrow. Hopefully, the call answering issue will be nonexistent or at least tolerable...:)

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thomas Woods