New iOS 8 Features That Android Actually Needs to Adopt

Antron

Nov 11, 2013
Visit site
iOS 8 is truly bringing some cool new features for iPhone users on the fall. So cool in fact that some features were mentioned that Android needs to adopt. See article below?

New iOS 8 Features That Android Actually Needs to Adopt](http://www.droid-life.com/2014/06/02/best-ios-8-features/)

But what say you?
If you own an Android phone are there features in iOS 8 that you would like to see added to Android?

Last edited:

sau124

Aug 13, 2012
Visit site
Android can take whatever feature they want from iOS but I can bet that the implementation will not be great. Again, I think the native Android might be better but the customization by different companies mess up a lot of stuff. Also, not able to update to the newest version means you might never see the light of the new feature till you upgrade your hardware.

There are lot of apple fanboys here, unless you are looking for some thread bashing this is not the right place to ask this question.

Trust me, been there done that!

I don't see this post alive for long

Antron

Nov 11, 2013
Visit site
There are lot of apple fanboys here, unless you are looking for some thread bashing this is not the right place to ask this question.

Not at all. I know that there some people that have both iPhone and Android phones in this forum and there may be some features in iOS 8 that they would like to see on their Android phone. Fanboy's or not, I believe that there can be a respectable conversation about what features a competing platform may have that people would like to see on their favorite platform. But again, that's just me :)

Sent from my iPhone using iMore Forums

Trees

Dec 26, 2012
Visit site
I don't use Android at this time, but can see the Family Share feature being something that Google may want to consider bringing to Google Play.

Speedygi

Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
To me, I see more features going from Android to iOS than the other way around, things like actionable notifications have always been Android things and now it's coming over to iOS. To me, iOS has always been behind in the actual operating system features but held the most apps.

nikkisharif

Ambassador
Jun 2, 2011
Visit site
I don't own an Android device currently, but I've had a few in the past and I believe family sharing & quick access to contact favorites would be something I would like to see implemented. I also think OS integration is important. I don't think I should have to download an app every time I want to do something.

abazigal

May 9, 2013
Visit site
Maybe not adding new features, but what about refining existing features? It seems that the general trend is that Android (be it google or a 3rd party OEM) will come out with some new feature, which while useful, is often not as polished as Apple would have done it. And those features tend to fall by the wayside and stop being updated.

For example, Android has had inter-app sharing for quite some time now, but to my knowledge, theirs is not sandboxed to the extent that Apple's is. Maybe they could look at making their own system more robust? Same thing with 3rd party keyboards. It's true that they represent a potential security threat in that they can log your keystrokes, and the general advice on Android seems to be "buyer beware", while Apple is actually going out of their way to ensure that keyboard developers can't abuse this (like disabling custom keyboards when keying in passwords, for instance).

Same with other features like privacy settings. It seems quite a number of Android users are hoping for more granular controls like the way Apple has implemented theirs, where you get full control over what settings you want your app to access.

honkey haze

Jun 24, 2014
Visit site
android was able to have full control over the settings for a little bit. kit kat took that ability away. or maybe it was 4.3 or 4.2.2. i cannot remember. while i do understand your privacy concerns on keyboards... people should not be downloading keyboards that are not popular and they should read the comments. as long as you stick to trusted apps, and there are many of them, there really is nothing to worry about. what apple seems to be very good at is setting up their software to deal with the absolute dumbest of people. which means there are a lot of negative aspects everyone else has to deal with. your password example is one of those negative aspects. it is kind of difficult to praise apple on how good the experience is when you are flip flopping keyboards and such. with different layouts etc.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thomas Woods