How many of you...

acerace113

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
Not yet on my 5S might wait until beta 3 or 4 maybe 5 before installing it on my 5S. I've been running it on my iPod touch though since it's my spare iOS device.

Sent from my iPhone 5S or 5th gen iPod Touch (beta testing) using Tapatalk

Highrisedrifter

Sep 19, 2012
Visit site
OK, tried a couple of times to install it today and I get an error. I think I need a new cable as I get Error 4005, which apparently may happen if the device unexpectedly disconnects during the update or restore, or iTunes couldn't tell the device to go to the restore state.

I'll try again once I have a new cable. As this is my daily driver, I might hold off for the time being anyway. I'll just work on my apps on the iPad instead. As an old C++ programmer, it's hard getting back into the swing of things as so much has changed in the twenty years since I last did any meaningful programming.

Jan 20, 2014
Visit site
OK, tried a couple of times to install it today and I get an error. I think I need a new cable as I get Error 4005, which apparently may happen if the device unexpectedly disconnects during the update or restore, or iTunes couldn't tell the device to go to the restore state.

I'll try again once I have a new cable. As this is my daily driver, I might hold off for the time being anyway. I'll just work on my apps on the iPad instead. As an old C++ programmer, it's hard getting back into the swing of things as so much has changed in the twenty years since I last did any meaningful programming.

Did you try it on all the different USB ports too? I've found that sometimes that might make a difference. I know there are 1.0, 2.0, 3.0 and depending, that could interfere maybe? Just sharing this as when I'd go to run an autoloader on my BB Z10, I had to plug it into one certain port or it would fail.

Sent from a larger than life device using Tapatalk!

Highrisedrifter

Sep 19, 2012
Visit site
Did you try it on all the different USB ports too? I've found that sometimes that might make a difference. I know there are 1.0, 2.0, 3.0 and depending, that could interfere maybe? Just sharing this as when I'd go to run an autoloader on my BB Z10, I had to plug it into one certain port or it would fail.

Sent from a larger than life device using Tapatalk!

Thanks. i'll give it a go again in a different port when I get the new cable. The thing is, I tried a whole different computer too and it still didn't work. No matter, i'm in no rush; i'm still learning the dev ropes at the moment anyway.

iOS Gravity

Sep 24, 2013
Visit site
I am too. My iPod Touch is my daily driver. I barely use my iPhone 4S unless I want to text, call, use data, or if my iPod is dead. 16GB is not enough for me anymore.

nikkisharif

Ambassador
Jun 2, 2011
Visit site
I'm also running it on my daily driver & beta 2 has been pretty good. I had a bad OTA install yesterday so I did a clean install late last night & everything has been stable.

abazigal

May 9, 2013
Visit site
I am going to give it a miss this year. I tried the ios7 beta last year, which was fun for the few days I played around with it, but it also broke a number of apps (causing them to malfunction quite badly), but it just wasn't worth the subsequent 4 months of inconvenience caused.