iOS 8 Beta 2 for devs available for download. Bugs/Feedback thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

ghostface147

Oct 1, 2009
Visit site
It's been giving me an issue where it won't respond to a lock screen or home button press to turn on the screen. I had this on beta 1, but more frequent on beta 2. Weird. It's so sporadic that it's hard to duplicate it.

jaleelhamid

Apr 22, 2013
Visit site
It's been giving me an issue where it won't respond to a lock screen or home button press to turn on the screen. I had this on beta 1, but more frequent on beta 2. Weird. It's so sporadic that it's hard to duplicate it.

Happens to me too

Sent from my iPhone using iMore Forums

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site

It's happening to me periodically, but not enough to be a nuisance or a concern.

HankAZ

Banned
Jul 26, 2012
Visit site

It's happening to me periodically, but not enough to be a nuisance or a concern.

The only time I’ve seen that is when I try to answer a call from the lock screen. It takes about 2-3 swipes before the phone answers the phone. But it’s not every time.

Just_Me_D

Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
The only time I?ve seen that is when I try to answer a call from the lock screen. It takes about 2-3 swipes before the phone answers the phone. But it?s not every time.

Not long after installing beta 2, my daughter called and I was unable to answer the call. The display went blank for a few seconds and then displayed the lock screen. It would not show the answer option. i had to call her back to talk to her. Thankfully, it hasn't happened since.

Ipheuria

Jul 21, 2009
Visit site

had this issue since beta 1 and I submitted but they are stumped. They've asked me for logs so next time it happens I have to try and get console log to send.

Ipheuria

Jul 21, 2009
Visit site
If you want to reproduce Whatsapp crash like many of us, just try typing a word with letter "f" and "i" like "office" or "fine" y let us know what you get.

Having in mind that at least 9 million of people are using iOS 8 betas by now, it would be nice that Whatsapp take notice of this and let an update roll to fix it. After all, even developers need to chat with colleagues thru this service too.

lol yeah but remember you're not supposed to be using betas on your daily driver :p

Ipheuria

Jul 21, 2009
Visit site
Not long after installing beta 2, my daughter called and I was unable to answer the call. The display went blank for a few seconds and then displayed the lock screen. It would not show the answer option. i had to call her back to talk to her. Thankfully, it hasn't happened since.

Yeah today I got a Facetime and although the phone was ringing there was no phone interface to answer the call lol I had to reboot and call my wife back. Luckily I could message her from my Mac while rebooting.

Just_Me_D

Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Yeah today I got a Facetime and although the phone was ringing there was no phone interface to answer the call lol I had to reboot and call my wife back. Luckily I could message her from my Mac while rebooting.

(Laughing)....Did you almost freak out like I did?

John Yester

Moderator Team Leader
Ambassador
May 23, 2012
Visit site

What was the result on the other end?

acerace113

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
I have to say beta 2 has been pretty stable for me on my 5th gen iPod touch, not quite ready to use on my 5S as a daily driver but it's getting there.

Sent from my iPhone 5S or 5th gen iPod Touch (beta testing) using Tapatalk

Tartarus

Ambassador
Feb 20, 2014
Visit site
It's asking for my icloud password every few hours and the microphone next to the space key disappears from time to time in some apps.

Somehow Tapatalk feels a lot slower with this beta, it takes a long time before threads will
load.

Am I the only one experiencing this? I have a 5S (A1457)

Just_Me_D

Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
It's asking for my icloud password every few hours and the microphone next to the space key disappears from time to time in some apps.
Really? Hmmm, I wonder if a clean install would alleviate the problem.
Somehow Tapatalk feels a lot slower with this beta, it takes a long time before threads willload.Am I the only one experiencing this? I have a 5S (A1457)
In regard to Tapatalk, it's working in the manner it always has on my iPhone 5 running iOS 8 beta 2. I'm going to do a clean install in a few minutes because I have yet to get the Bug Reporter to work.

Tartarus

Ambassador
Feb 20, 2014
Visit site
Really? Hmmm, I wonder if a clean install would alleviate the problem.

i did a clean install and put my backup back. Do you think somehow the bugs in beta 1 were imported that way? or that it is causing a lot issues?

This is my daily driver and it would cost me a lot of time and effort to get everything back to it's current state.

Just_Me_D

Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
i did a clean install and put my backup back. Do you think somehow the bugs in beta 1 were imported that way? or that it is causing a lot issues?

This is my daily driver and it would cost me a lot of time and effort to get everything back to it's current state.

It's possible, however, it is still beta software so it's not uncommon to experience quirks here and there as well as some that might not affect other devices. Having said that, unless you feel you downloaded a corrupt copy of beta 2, I would leave it as-is and deal with it.

Tartarus

Ambassador
Feb 20, 2014
Visit site
It's possible, however, it is still beta software so it's not uncommon to experience quirks here and there as well as some that might not affect other devices. Having said that, unless you feel you downloaded a corrupt copy of beta 2, I would leave it as-is and deal with it.

I'm planning on leaving it as-is. Beta 3 will be here in a month at most. I'm patient ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gokox