iOS 8 Beta 1 messages sending audio clips by itself

isteal

Mar 17, 2012
Visit site
I have had a heck of a time with messages deciding it wants to send an audio clip to people without me prompting it to do so. I am not sure what is triggering the audio clips to send, but I am 100% definitely not hitting the microphone next to the text box. I know you can hold it up to your ear and talk to it like a phone to send an audio message, but i will be in the middle of typing a message and all of the sudden it just starts recording. and once it starts I don't know how to prevent it from sending the message. I usually have to force quit messages to get it to stop recording, but it still manages to send the audio clip. The biggest concern i have, is that once I do that, it doesn't show up in my message thread that I have sent a clip, but it shows up in the receivers messages. I have had several friends and business contacts ask why I am sending them audio clips. Disturbing, and I hope only a glitch with the beta 1. I wish there was a way to disable that feature of messages. I don't want to talk via messages, thats why I am sending a text message. Otherwise i'd pick up the phone. Is anyone else having this issue?:confused:

HankAZ

Banned
Jul 26, 2012
Visit site
I have had a heck of a time with messages deciding it wants to send an audio clip to people without me prompting it to do so. I am not sure what is triggering the audio clips to send, but I am 100% definitely not hitting the microphone next to the text box. I know you can hold it up to your ear and talk to it like a phone to send an audio message, but i will be in the middle of typing a message and all of the sudden it just starts recording. and once it starts I don't know how to prevent it from sending the message. I usually have to force quit messages to get it to stop recording, but it still manages to send the audio clip. The biggest concern i have, is that once I do that, it doesn't show up in my message thread that I have sent a clip, but it shows up in the receivers messages. I have had several friends and business contacts ask why I am sending them audio clips. Disturbing, and I hope only a glitch with the beta 1. I wish there was a way to disable that feature of messages. I don't want to talk via messages, thats why I am sending a text message. Otherwise i'd pick up the phone. Is anyone else having this issue?:confused:

I can’t speak to why it’s happening. Perhaps you are inadvertently tapping/holding the microphone icon on the lower right side - maybe the way you’re holding your phone? However, if you tap the DETAILS button in the upper right corner of the Messages screen you will see information about your text exchange, the other person, and a history of images and attachments. The audio clip is displayed there, in that location.

View attachment 58325

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site

I doubt it's you because, starting yesterday, the iMessage app would only display the voice option until I closed and then re-opened the app. However, as soon as I'd send an iMessage, the text box would disappear and only display the voice option until I close the app again and then re-open it. I'm back on iOS 7.1.1 for now, but I already miss some of the features of iOS 8 so I'll re-install it sometime this weekend. I'll be super busy starting tomorrow and will be busy until probably Saturday.

BreakingKayfabe

Sep 12, 2008
Visit site
I doubt it's you because, starting yesterday, the iMessage app would only display the voice option until I closed and then re-opened the app. However, as soon as I'd send an iMessage, the text box would disappear and only display the voice option until I close the app again and then re-open it. I'm back on iOS 7.1.1 for now, but I already miss some of the features of iOS 8 so I'll re-install it sometime this weekend. I'll be super busy starting tomorrow and will be busy until probably Saturday.

Just wait to install beta 2 on Monday.

sau124

Aug 13, 2012
Visit site
I have seen that happen couple times. I now close out of the messages app completely to ensure it does not happen by accident. I am hoping that this issue will be fixed in the next versions of beta

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thomas Woods