Is iOS 8 going to lose its minimal design?

HAMEDACC

May 18, 2014
Visit site
Simplicity and Minimal Design have been iOS Priority from the first day
But after WWDC2014 I found iOS Priority has been changed to Function.

There is no any Antagonism between Simplicity and Function, But now
I think Apple is ready to Sacrifice some Minimal Design aspects of iOS for its Function, if it will be needed.

sau124

Aug 13, 2012
Visit site
Personally, at no point I thought the minimal design was out of the picture. Actually I think it is inferred with the new integration.

Look at the competition - you have to read the manual to identify or find a specific feature. Not with iOS.

nikkisharif

Ambassador
Jun 2, 2011
Visit site
The minimal design is still there throughout iOS8. Apple took their time & made sure the added features didn't take away from that.

I installed the beta yesterday & outside of Touch ID, I didn't have to change any of my settings. The new features were pretty seamless.

mumfoau

Ambassador
Nov 6, 2011
Visit site
The minimal design is still there throughout iOS8. Apple took their time & made sure the added features didn't take away from that.

I installed the beta yesterday & outside of Touch ID, I didn't have to change any of my settings. The new features were pretty seamless.

That's definitely good to know!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Good OL MC

Oct 9, 2012
Visit site
I'm not sure how any of the changes could be described as taking away from minimalism. Adding widgets, maybe? Could you describe a bit more?

HAMEDACC

May 18, 2014
Visit site
I'm not sure how any of the changes could be described as taking away from minimalism. Adding widgets, maybe? Could you describe a bit more?

I do not say that ios is not minimal right now, just say I see some changes which may lead iOS out of minimalism, I think adding widgets, adding favorite on top off tasks are kind of signs of changings in apple design policy
I think Jobs belived on "less is more" and Ive belives on "form follows function"

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FallDesigner