Verizon - SIM Not Available?

SOV

Jun 1, 2009
Visit site
After installing iOS 8 I keep getting a "SIM Not Valid" error. I've taken the SIM out, put it back in and even restored the device but I keep getting this error and cannot activate it.

Carrier: Verizon
Firmware: iOS 8 Beta 1 & 7.1.1 after downgrading.

Anyone else run into this issue or have a solution?

acerace113

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
Maybe try restoring as new and not from a backup?

Sent from my Jailbroken 5th gen iPod touch or iPhone 5S using Tapatalk

SOV

Jun 1, 2009
Visit site
It happened when upgrading to iOS 8 Beta. I tried everything clean install, restoring. I even attempted to downgrade to 7.1.1 but the phone will not activate. I switched my SIM to another phone just to confirm it was working, and the SIM is functional.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
After installing iOS 8 I keep getting a "SIM Not Valid" error. I've taken the SIM out, put it back in and even restored the device but I keep getting this error and cannot activate it.

Carrier: Verizon
Firmware: iOS 8 Beta 1 & 7.1.1 after downgrading.

Anyone else run into this issue or have a solution?

This seems to be an issue every time there's a new iOS beta, and I wonder if the problem lies with the millions of people trying to download, install and activate their betas simultaneously?

MonkeyHouse98

Jun 4, 2014
Visit site
I have same problem with Verizon 5s 64gb. I keep getting SIM Not Valid error.

I was able to eject the sim and get through much of the setup to the home screen, etc. However, when I put the SIM back in it then only goes to the single SIM screen.

Despite text to contrary, it will not allow Cellular connection without SIM.

Anyone else out there have any ideas?

image1.PNG

image2.PNG

Last edited:

MonkeyHouse98

Jun 4, 2014
Visit site
I have not tried this, will tomorrow, but another user posted . . .

My good buddy ran into exactly this and FINALLY found the problem today after a long time at the Apple Store.

Basically, for some reason, iOS8 was convincing his 5s that it was a Global GSM as opposed to CDMA. When he'd do a restore back to 7.1 then pull in an iCloud backup - which had been done while on iOS8 - it would revert WHATEVER into that issue.

What fixed it for him was restoring a backup after a hard OS restore PRIOR to an iOS8 one.

For whatever reason, iOS8 backups weren't available to me when I rolled back - I'm on AT&T and never had that issue in the first place but even if I WANTED to restore an iOS8 backup it was greyed out - so I wasn't able to offer that potential solution. But it's apparently worked for him.

Hope this helps some of you guys.

SOV

Jun 1, 2009
Visit site
Same here, Connect through Cellular wouldn't appear.

I contacted Verizon and Apple and they both said it was a hardware issue, they're sending me a new phone. :-/

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Same here, Connect through Cellular wouldn't appear.

I contacted Verizon and Apple and they both said it was a hardware issue, they're sending me a new phone. :-/
Thanks for the update and congrats on getting a new iPhone...:)

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Modernormal