Welcome to the iMore Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree2Likes
  • 2 Post By kch50428
  1. Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  
    iMore Intermediate

200 Posts
    Global Posts
    240 Global Posts

Default No hopstop in ios8?

I'm quite excited about this update overall, so this isn't meant to bash iOS8 at all. There's lots of good stuff in there, and I can't wait for fall.

but that said, maps improvements was missing. granted it was just a rumor, but it got me wondering about it nonetheless.

now thankfully google maps is really good for transit, and with iOS8 allowing third party apps deeper control, it'll get even better, so its not a big deal, but I do know apple bought hopstop over a year ago, and its pretty clear to me why. at some point, maybe this september or next summer, they'll be putting out a new maps with transit integration.

any ideas or speculations why it wasn't released yet? any new rumors?

I have a hunch it could just be apple isn't ready yet and wants to be doubly sure they won't have a second maps screw up, but then maybe it's something else. what do you think? or what have your heard on the grapevine?I'm still hoping for a fall release for that, but even if its not, the bigger iphone, and all the sweet goodies in iOS8 will have me happy either way.

Default Re: No hopstop in ios8?

It's possible they'll mention it during the iPhone announcement, but I can't say for certain.
    iMore Intermediate

495 Posts
    Global Posts
    1,640 Global Posts

Integrating hopstop into maps wouldn't have any bearing on developers.

Perhaps they will announce more iOS 8 features during the iPhone 6 launch.
    iMore Genius

20,835 Posts
    Global Posts
    21,716 Global Posts

Lots of things can get added, changed, or removed before the GM and full release... and because something wasn't talked about during the keynote, it doesn't mean anything in particular.
    iMore Pro

548 Posts

There might be more iOS 8 features specific to the new iPhone and maybe some of the old features might be revisited during the launch of the new iPhone. We will just have to wait and watch.