Welcome to the iMore Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 49
Like Tree50Likes
  1. Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  
    lui22's Avatar
    iMore Intermediate

    Posts
    187 Posts
    Global Posts
    943 Global Posts

    Default iOS 8 QuickReply mimics closely BlackBerry 10 QuickReply

    I just noticed the closeness of how the process works. Its very interesting how one operating system can mimic a completely different one to achieve the same goal.

    iOS 8 QuickReply mimics closely BlackBerry 10 QuickReply-apple-ios8-quick-reply-700x391.jpg
    iOS 8
    iOS 8 QuickReply mimics closely BlackBerry 10 QuickReply-img_20140602_140345.png
    iOS 8 QuickReply mimics closely BlackBerry 10 QuickReply-img_20140602_140344-1-.png
    BB10
  2. #2  
    FFR
    FFR is offline
    FFR's Avatar
    iMore Intermediate

    Posts
    345 Posts
    Global Posts
    1,478 Global Posts

    Default Re: iOS 8 QuickReply mimics closely BlackBerry 10 QuickReply

    Hahaha.
    Op your hilarious.
    Thanked by:
    txapple (06-07-2014)
  3. #3  

    Default Re: iOS 8 QuickReply mimics closely BlackBerry 10 QuickReply

    What
  4. #4  
    kch50428's Avatar

    Posts
    10,775 Posts
    Global Posts
    11,656 Global Posts
    iOS Version
    7.0

    Default Re: iOS 8 QuickReply mimics closely BlackBerry 10 QuickReply

    So what?? How many things could be identified about BB10 OS that resemble something that Apple did first?
    Keith - iMore Moderator - The Mobile Nations/iMore Forum Rules
     iPhone5 on VZW;  iPad(2012) - wifi with BadElf for GPS
    "When the debate is lost, slander becomes the tool of the loser." -- Socrates
    Heisenberg likes this.
  5. #5  
    Heisenberg's Avatar

    Posts
    3,363 Posts
    Global Posts
    3,739 Global Posts
    iOS Version
    iOS 7

    Default Re: iOS 8 QuickReply mimics closely BlackBerry 10 QuickReply

    Good. I'm glad it mimics it.

    How the heck else can anyone make a quick reply without revealing a keyboard and text field? They're all going to look the same.
    Formerly forever29
    iPhone 5S 64GB
    iPad Mini with Retina 32gb
  6. #6  
    BLiNK's Avatar
    iMore Genius

    Posts
    8,257 Posts
    Global Posts
    8,604 Global Posts
    iOS Version
    iOS 182

    Default Re: iOS 8 QuickReply mimics closely BlackBerry 10 QuickReply

    that explains why i dislike it.
    Heisenberg and nikkisharif like this.
  7. Thread AuthorThread Author   #7  
    lui22's Avatar
    iMore Intermediate

    Posts
    187 Posts
    Global Posts
    943 Global Posts

    Default Re: iOS 8 QuickReply mimics closely BlackBerry 10 QuickReply

    Quote Originally Posted by kch50428 View Post
    So what?? How many things could be identified about BB10 OS that resemble something that Apple did first?
    To quote another poster in the CrackBerry Forums,
    Quote Originally Posted by Mirk View Post
    Well, considering BlackBerry seemingly refuses to market these features, someone might as well get to.
    I find the defensiveness towards posts like these interesting. Because we all have to admit that these things are starting to get ambiguous. Apple copied predictive text from the BlackBerry keyboard and BlackBerry copied probably how the icons are arranged on the homescreen.
  8. #8  

    Default Re: iOS 8 QuickReply mimics closely BlackBerry 10 QuickReply

    Quote Originally Posted by Heisenberg View Post
    Good. I'm glad it mimics it.

    How the heck else can anyone make a quick reply without revealing a keyboard and text field? They're all going to look the same.
    I just noticed the phone functions are almost identical on my 5S & my mom's GS4...who knew

    Quote Originally Posted by BLiNK View Post
    that explains why i dislike it.
    LOL
    Heisenberg likes this.
  9. Thread AuthorThread Author   #9  
    lui22's Avatar
    iMore Intermediate

    Posts
    187 Posts
    Global Posts
    943 Global Posts

    Default Re: iOS 8 QuickReply mimics closely BlackBerry 10 QuickReply

    Quote Originally Posted by Heisenberg View Post
    Good. I'm glad it mimics it.

    How the heck else can anyone make a quick reply without revealing a keyboard and text field? They're all going to look the same.
    Quick reply like BiteSMS?
    nikkisharif likes this.
  10. #10  
    FFR
    FFR is offline
    FFR's Avatar
    iMore Intermediate

    Posts
    345 Posts
    Global Posts
    1,478 Global Posts

    Default iOS 8 QuickReply mimics closely BlackBerry 10 QuickReply

    Quote Originally Posted by kch50428 View Post
    So what?? How many things could be identified about BB10 OS that resemble something that Apple did first?
    Actually blackberry only introduced pop up notifications in sept 2013. Apple had introduced it back in 2011 with iOS 5.
  11. #11  
    Heisenberg's Avatar

    Posts
    3,363 Posts
    Global Posts
    3,739 Global Posts
    iOS Version
    iOS 7

    Default Re: iOS 8 QuickReply mimics closely BlackBerry 10 QuickReply

    Quote Originally Posted by lui22 View Post
    Quick reply like BiteSMS?
    This, in my opinion, is better. And if they did quick reply like BiteSMS then people would have gotten offended at that too. And possibly might have had to hire and pay that jailbreak dev.
    Formerly forever29
    iPhone 5S 64GB
    iPad Mini with Retina 32gb
    nikkisharif likes this.
  12. Thread AuthorThread Author   #12  
    lui22's Avatar
    iMore Intermediate

    Posts
    187 Posts
    Global Posts
    943 Global Posts

    Default Re: iOS 8 QuickReply mimics closely BlackBerry 10 QuickReply

    Quote Originally Posted by Heisenberg View Post
    This, in my opinion, is better. And if they did quick reply like BiteSMS then people would have gotten offended at that too. And possibly might have had to hire and pay that jailbreak dev.
    Yeah that would actually be predicament. Wasn't it Ryan P. the one who interned at Apple or worked there for a bit? Now that guy is like a god in the jailbreak community!
    nikkisharif likes this.
  13. #13  
    Heisenberg's Avatar

    Posts
    3,363 Posts
    Global Posts
    3,739 Global Posts
    iOS Version
    iOS 7

    Default Re: iOS 8 QuickReply mimics closely BlackBerry 10 QuickReply

    Quote Originally Posted by lui22 View Post
    Yeah that would actually be predicament. Wasn't it Ryan P. the one who interned at Apple or worked there for a bit? Now that guy is like a god in the jailbreak community!
    Yes. I also remember Apple hiring someone from the jailbreak community for iOS 5 (I think). Can't remember exactly for what feature it was.
    Formerly forever29
    iPhone 5S 64GB
    iPad Mini with Retina 32gb
    Thanked by:
    taz323 (06-03-2014)
  14. #14  

    Default Re: iOS 8 QuickReply mimics closely BlackBerry 10 QuickReply

    Quote Originally Posted by lui22 View Post
    Quick reply like BiteSMS?
    Gotcha!!!

    I like this better because it isn't covering up what I'm looking at.
  15. #15  
    kazza295's Avatar
    iMore Newbie

    Posts
    15 Posts
    Global Posts
    102 Global Posts

    Default Re: iOS 8 QuickReply mimics closely BlackBerry 10 QuickReply

    Quote Originally Posted by Heisenberg View Post
    Yes. I also remember Apple hiring someone from the jailbreak community for iOS 5 (I think). Can't remember exactly for what feature it was.
    I think it was lock screen notifications?
    Thanked by:
    Heisenberg (06-02-2014)
  16. #16  
    gazoo2010's Avatar
    iMore Beginner

    Posts
    63 Posts
    Global Posts
    104 Global Posts

    Default Re: iOS 8 QuickReply mimics closely BlackBerry 10 QuickReply

    Quote Originally Posted by Heisenberg View Post
    Yes. I also remember Apple hiring someone from the jailbreak community for iOS 5 (I think). Can't remember exactly for what feature it was.
    It was for notifications. He made a JB app that was real good. Apple hired him and he help design apples notifications. Not sure of he still works there.

    ~S
    [CENTERSamsung Galaxy S5 | ]iPhone 5s - 32gb Space Grey
    Retina iPad Mini 64gb Space Grey | iPhone 5c - 32gb Blue | iPhone 5 - 16gb White
    Thanked by:
    Heisenberg (06-02-2014)
  17. Thread AuthorThread Author   #17  
    lui22's Avatar
    iMore Intermediate

    Posts
    187 Posts
    Global Posts
    943 Global Posts

    Default Re: iOS 8 QuickReply mimics closely BlackBerry 10 QuickReply

    Quote Originally Posted by gazoo2010 View Post
    It was for notifications. He made a JB app that was real good. Apple hired him and he help design apples notifications. Not sure of he still works there.

    ~S
    i remember that tweak on my iPhone 4 like literally a month after the release he was hired no?
  18. #18  
    mikeo007's Avatar
    iMore Pro

    Posts
    512 Posts
    Global Posts
    4,860 Global Posts

    Default Re: iOS 8 QuickReply mimics closely BlackBerry 10 QuickReply

    Quote Originally Posted by lui22 View Post
    Apple copied predictive text from the BlackBerry keyboard and BlackBerry copied probably how the icons are arranged on the homescreen.
    It's similar to swiftkey, which is the same engine behind Blackberry's predictive text. And surprise surprise, it existed long before Blackberry used it.

    Can you please go back to your own sandbox and quit pooping in ours?
    Last edited by mikeo007; 06-02-2014 at 09:08 PM.
    BLiNK and Berry_Pink like this.
  19. Thread AuthorThread Author   #19  
    lui22's Avatar
    iMore Intermediate

    Posts
    187 Posts
    Global Posts
    943 Global Posts

    Default Re: iOS 8 QuickReply mimics closely BlackBerry 10 QuickReply

    Quote Originally Posted by mikeo007 View Post
    It's similar to swiftkey, which is the same engine behind Blackberry's predictive text. And surprise surprise, it existed long before Blackberry used it.

    Can you please go back to your own sandbox and quit pooping in ours?
    Is that hostility I sense?
  20. #20  
    FFR
    FFR is offline
    FFR's Avatar
    iMore Intermediate

    Posts
    345 Posts
    Global Posts
    1,478 Global Posts

    Default iOS 8 QuickReply mimics closely BlackBerry 10 QuickReply

    Quote Originally Posted by lui22 View Post
    Is that hostility I sense?
    Mikes post doesn't come off as hostile.
    Were you looking for hostility?
  21. #21  
    Beyond Fire's Avatar
    iMore Specialist

    Posts
    1,064 Posts
    Global Posts
    1,422 Global Posts

    Default Re: iOS 8 QuickReply mimics closely BlackBerry 10 QuickReply

    I find it down right comical how the members over at Crackberry talk about how Apple steals this or copies that. Most of them don't even realize that BB took most of their features from Android and webOS.
    Verizon | iPhone 5s | 32gb | iOS 7.1.1
    13" Retina MacBook Pro | 2.4ghz | 8gb | 256gb
    Thanked by:
    A895 (06-03-2014)
    Heisenberg, kataran and A895 like this.
  22. #22  
    FFR
    FFR is offline
    FFR's Avatar
    iMore Intermediate

    Posts
    345 Posts
    Global Posts
    1,478 Global Posts

    Default Re: iOS 8 QuickReply mimics closely BlackBerry 10 QuickReply

    Quote Originally Posted by Beyond Fire View Post
    I find it down right comical how the members over at Crackberry talk about how Apple steals this or copies that. Most of them don't even realize that BB took most of their features from Android and webOS.
    Lol, I know what you mean, It's anarchy over there.

    It doesn't really matter anymore.
    Blackberry is no longer competing and they barley have any subscribers anyway.
    Thanked by:
    A895 (06-03-2014)
    Beyond Fire, A895 and mmcfly23 like this.
  23. #23  
    HankAZ's Avatar
    iMore Specialist

    Posts
    1,087 Posts

    Default Re: iOS 8 QuickReply mimics closely BlackBerry 10 QuickReply

    Quote Originally Posted by FFR View Post
    Lol, I know what you mean, It's anarchy over there.

    It doesn't really matter anymore.
    Blackberry is no longer competing and they barley have any subscribers anyway.
    Yeah, call me back when BlackBerry becomes relevant again. (Doubt you will EVER call.)
  24. #24  
    AlexJ92's Avatar
    iMore Intermediate

    Posts
    245 Posts

    Default Re: iOS 8 QuickReply mimics closely BlackBerry 10 QuickReply

    Quote Originally Posted by HankAZ View Post
    Yeah, call me back when BlackBerry becomes relevant again. (Doubt you will EVER call.)
    You never know, Apple went through a rough patch in the past and look at them now


    Sent from my iPhone 5S
  25. #25  

    Default Re: iOS 8 QuickReply mimics closely BlackBerry 10 QuickReply

    I don't really care since I've been wanting this feature for a long time.
    T.
    Ambassador @ iMore

    "With great power, comes great responsibility." - Uncle Ben
    agalaria likes this.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. iOS 8 More Feature Screenshot?
    By SOV in forum iOS 8
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 06-04-2014, 04:05 AM
  2. Everything we learned about OS X 10.10 from WWDC 2014
    By iMore.com in forum iMore.com News Discussion
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 06-02-2014, 03:50 PM
  3. Check out Apple's OS X 10.10 Yosemite and iOS 8 previews now!
    By iMore.com in forum iMore.com News Discussion
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 06-02-2014, 03:30 PM
  4. Fleksy keyboard coming to iOS 8
    By iMore.com in forum iMore.com News Discussion
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 06-02-2014, 03:30 PM
  5. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 06-02-2014, 03:10 PM

Posting Permissions