iOS 8 QuickReply mimics closely BlackBerry 10 QuickReply

Beyond Fire

Nov 23, 2012
Visit site
I find it down right comical how the members over at Crackberry talk about how Apple steals this or copies that. Most of them don't even realize that BB took most of their features from Android and webOS.

FFR

Nov 7, 2012
Visit site
I find it down right comical how the members over at Crackberry talk about how Apple steals this or copies that. Most of them don't even realize that BB took most of their features from Android and webOS.

Lol, I know what you mean, It's anarchy over there.

It doesn't really matter anymore.
Blackberry is no longer competing and they barley have any subscribers anyway.

HankAZ

Banned
Jul 26, 2012
Visit site
Lol, I know what you mean, It's anarchy over there.

It doesn't really matter anymore.
Blackberry is no longer competing and they barley have any subscribers anyway.

Yeah, call me back when BlackBerry becomes relevant again. (Doubt you will EVER call.)

fatfury

Jun 15, 2013
Visit site
So what?? How many things could be identified about BB10 OS that resemble something that Apple did first?

Great point. Unfortunately, with the announcement of iOS 8, comments about similarities and copying other OS's are going to be saturating the forums. :crying:

nikkisharif

Ambassador
Jun 2, 2011
Visit site
Just found out the look of quick reply depends on if you have notifications setup as banners or alerts. I briefly changed mine so I could get a screen shot

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1401821013.053711.jpg

lui22

Aug 26, 2011
Visit site
Just found out the look of quick reply depends on if you have notifications setup as banners or alerts. I briefly changed mine so I could get a screen shot

View attachment 57801
I dont know why but I really like this more than the other way. ChompSMS has it like this for quick reply on my Nexus. For full touch phones this at least to me seems more- correct

mmcfly23

Apr 16, 2014
Visit site
Blackberry did not invent QuickReply. A lot of bb users would know that if they used/tried other platforms. I'm pretty sure that there are a ton of threads on cb spreading incorrect information regarding the added features to ios...

lui22

Aug 26, 2011
Visit site
Blackberry did not invent QuickReply. A lot of bb users would know that if they used/tried other platforms. I'm pretty sure that there are a ton of threads on cb spreading incorrect information regarding the added features to ios...

The way it works or displays. WebOS created the banner concept. Quick reply from the banner though is more BlackBerry.

Berry_Pink

Oct 12, 2012
Visit site
Apple copied predictive text from the BlackBerry keyboard and BlackBerry copied probably how the icons are arranged on the homescreen.

Actually if we're going to play that game android and Windows phone had that long before blackberry got predictive suggestions and blackberry predictive suggestions were licenced by swiftkey the 3rd party android keyboard.

Windows phone had pop up quick replies before blackberry,cyanagen mod and other custom android roms had quick replies before blackberry too.

Blackberry 10 was nearly a 1:1 rip off of meego and webos

It makes me laugh how users at crackberry and the op who's come over here to cause trouble are going on like BlackBerry invented these features first when they're notorious of ripping features from other operating systems themselves since os10 came out. They didn't invent them or improve them but Apple has really polished them and turned them into fully functional features I wish android would implement.

It's funny how when it's blackberry the defence is 'oh everyone steals from each other no big deal how different can you even make a feature?' But with this Apple release its suddenly blackberry invented this and that (when they didn't) and Apple are disgusting for copying.

Dennisgarcia

Oct 9, 2011
Visit site

View attachment 57801

oh awesome! i was actually wondering why apple didn't instill this feature on iOS 8. turns out i had banners on the entire time. switch my messages to alerts instead :) how fun.

has anyone tried testing it with Facebook? is the Like and comment boxes on there?

Jan 20, 2014
Visit site
I'm thinking that all OS environments will have similarities. It would seem that to make devices more functional, you'll definitely run into this quandry.

Sent from a larger than life device using Tapatalk!