iOS 8 QuickReply mimics closely BlackBerry 10 QuickReply

anon3230140

Nov 7, 2012
Visit site
Despite the IOS implementation.. when using banners looking like the BB10 type.. BB did not start this. Also.. BB did not get it from android or Windows phone either. I have no idea who started it but if anyone of you used the old BB's.. you'd know that this was available when you used the third party SMS app namely CrunchSMS (which is probably the same team that offer ChompSMS). Also, the BeBuzz app used for LED notifications also provided this functionality in old BBOS phones for texts, emails, facebook, twitter, whatsapp etc.. (you couldn't reply in this one tho.. just the toast notification). Then you had a few other apps that provided the same functionality like Advance OS & LED that also allowed you to reply from any app.

Having said that, there's only so many ways you can implement the quick reply feature so I think the OP is way off in trying to insinuate that Apple stole it. Plus.. I'm a hardcore BB user but, my wife uses the Iphone 5s too and they're both fantastic OS's. Some might disagree but I can't find one thing on either phone, that is so much better than the equivalent on the other enough for me to say one phone is outright better.

Last edited:

kataran

Ambassador
Mar 11, 2013
Visit site
Lol, I know what you mean, It's anarchy over there.

It doesn't really matter anymore.
Blackberry is no longer competing and they barley have any subscribers anyway.

It's a sad sad situation but being in that position is not something I wish on anyone

I've been on many sinking cyber ships and it's not fun at all

nt300

Nov 13, 2015
Visit site
BB10 is first and foremost the most advanced innovative OS ever designed to date. iOS is garbage compared to BB10. That said, I can see Apple copying BB10, then taking credit for it.

FFR

Nov 7, 2012
Visit site
BB10 is first and foremost the most advanced innovative OS ever designed to date. iOS is garbage compared to BB10. That said, I can see Apple copying BB10, then taking credit for it.

You might be confusing advanced with obsolete.

Trending Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FMHPro