iOS 8 Beta 1 for devs available for download. Bugs/Feedback thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

HankAZ

Banned
Jul 26, 2012
Visit site
No. Ive had a few re springs and a few times the Settings app has crashed but it's always worked the next time. Overall this is more stable for me than the iOS 7 GM.

I generally see a respring the first time I go to Settings from somewhere else on my phone. But the second time it works as expected. I do recall this happening at some point in iOS 7 betas, but don’t recall which one.

Tartarus

Ambassador
Feb 20, 2014
Visit site
iPad air 16gb wifi...think I might reinstall the beta from a different source.

That could do the trick. make sure you use DFU mode and shift restore to install it. Otherwise there is a big chance you get the same glitches. You can place back you're most recent backup from iOS 7.

I've noticed the beta behaves different on different iDevices as well. From beta 3 the most bugs will be solved by apple, so there is no need to be worried yet

Andrew Rossetti

Jun 4, 2014
Visit site
My battery life has been the same. The battery level bug just bugs me. :)

The glitch on my iPod Touch is after a reboot the battery level consistently shows up as being almost nil, even when fully charged. If I plug it in for just a few seconds, it corrects itself and reports the correct charge.

I've had one instance of Settings crashing on me, as well as a case where after entering my passcode on the lock screen, it indicated incorrect password. I re-entered it, and again incorrect. I did it a third time, and incorrect again. As I stared at the screen, wondering what the problem was, my home screen appeared.

The final issue I've experienced that I haven't seen reported yet is the podcast app doesn't seem as responsive to touches when the device is locked. I typically use the pause, play, and 15 second skip often when listening to podcasts. It doesn't seem to be as responsive or as accurate when selecting those options. I often have to touch multiple times, and often the touch is misinterpreted as a touch nearby such as on the volume control. I haven't noticed this on other apps yet, so it may only apply to the lock screen and may explain the unlock issue I mentioned previously.

Other than that, as far as developer betas go, this isn't too bad overall.

acerace113

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
The glitch on my iPod Touch is after a reboot the battery level consistently shows up as being almost nil, even when fully charged. If I plug it in for just a few seconds, it corrects itself and reports the correct charge.

I can confirm this 100%

Sent from my iPhone 5S or 5th gen iPod Touch (beta testing) using Tapatalk

tonylasagna

Jun 5, 2014
Visit site
Yeah, I think you may have just had a bad file. Try doing a clean install. For a first beta, this is pretty stable. I have no issues sharing photos, links or videos. I've used the hotspot with no issues and haven't had any issues with email.

There are some kinks, but that's expected.

Ha. Entirely possible it is just me. There are certainly isolated instances. I'm more of an Apple "Fanboy" than a basher, so maybe the intention of the post was not made clear. I understand your point, I am merely pointing out that it has been very buggy in areas a beta released by a company as polished as Apple typically makes a bit more solid. Plus, they are very basic areas of the overall app.

And yes - I do develop apps for iOS - I've attempted to make two apps iOS 8 ready just for kicks, which is where I faced a lot of the issues I was referencing. Just my opinion that maybe their QC on this one was a bit lacking.

acerace113

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
You can swipe up in the weather app to bring up more days now
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1401980348.999689.jpg

Sent from my 5th gen iPod touch (beta testing) or iPhone 5S using Tapatalk

Tartarus

Ambassador
Feb 20, 2014
Visit site
You can swipe up in the weather app to bring up more days now
View attachment 57966

Sent from my 5th gen iPod touch (beta testing) or iPhone 5S using Tapatalk

Nice, i didn't notice that yet. But when you press on the temp, it doesn't give you the humidity and stuff details anymore.. I guess it's a bug never mind, they replaced it to the bottom of the app.

7yqu4unu.jpg

ypu2ebag.jpg

ba9e9age.jpg

Last edited:

Guacho

Jun 20, 2009
Visit site
My Att retina Mini wouldn't charge. Kept saying my cable and accessory is not certified to work with this device. I'm using the original oem Apple charger. I had no choice to downgrade to charge. Anybody else have this issue on a cellular rMini? Maybe it was a fluke thing for me.

No issues with chargers in this beta but I did have that probelm with my iphone 5 running ios7 a couple of weeks ago...

John Yester

Moderator Team Leader
Ambassador
May 23, 2012
Visit site
Heck I have 2 lightning chargers that only work on one side..... Go figure.... Not sure if it's a straight iOS 8 issue or the chip is wonky on the chargers.....

StateTheFacts

Jun 5, 2014
Visit site
this also happened to me. even though my apps are synced with iTunes they were still greyed out.
what i did was go to App store and go to updates tab, then purchased. and i searched and redownloaded my apps that were greyed out. it took about an hour to get them all.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FMHPro