iOS 8 Beta 1 for devs available for download. Bugs/Feedback thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

acerace113

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
Re: Ios 8 beta proximity sensor on message

By default, at least from what I can tell, when you're in iMessage and you bring the device to your ear, the proximity sensor will trigger the voice recorder feature and send it via iMessage to your recipient.

Yea, too bad the iPod touch doesn't have the proximity sensor so I can test that

Sent from my 5th gen iPod touch (beta testing) or iPhone 5S using Tapatalk

acerace113

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
There will be NO fixes for any app bugs caused by iOS 8 until it is released to the public in the Fall, most likely around mid-september. Developers are not allowed to release necessary bug fixes for unreleased software (iOS 8) to the public.

They can fix bugs if they want, they just can't use any iOS 8 APIs

william3985

Jun 4, 2014
Visit site
There will be NO fixes for any app bugs caused by iOS 8 beta until it is released to the public in the Fall, most likely around mid-september. Developers are not allowed to release necessary bug fixes for unreleased software (iOS 8) to the public.

Good to known thanx ...

Sent from my iPhone using iMore Forums

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Mine crashes when I launch it.

Okay, thank you. Mine basically does the same. I can initiate it, but as soon as I finish entering my Apple ID and passcode to continue, it crashes. Thankfully, it's not a big deal and doesn't interfere with how well the beta works as a whole...:)

acerace113

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
Okay, thank you. Mine basically does the same. I can initiate it, but as soon as I finish entering my Apple ID and passcode to continue, it crashes. Thankfully, it's not a big deal and doesn't interfere with how well the beta works as a whole...:)

Mine crashes before the login screen appears

HankAZ

Banned
Jul 26, 2012
Visit site
There will be NO fixes for any app bugs caused by iOS 8 beta until it is released to the public in the Fall, most likely around mid-september. Developers are not allowed to release necessary bug fixes for unreleased software (iOS 8) to the public.

While this is largely true, technically speaking, crafty developers can solve basic issues (and release them to the App store), so long as they do not take advantage of any new APIs, or other features specifically included in iOS8. This was widely done with apps in iOS7 betas, and I fully expect it to continue with iOS8 betas.

Tartarus

Ambassador
Feb 20, 2014
Visit site
Can anyone confirm this? When I connect my iPod to my computer, iTunes says that all the memory that is being taken up is being taken up by "other". Apps, music, and documents don't show up.

That doesn't happen here. I already told you, it's your clumsiness You broke both your device and iTunes

acerace113

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
Can anyone confirm this? When I connect my iPod to my computer, iTunes says that all the memory that is being taken up is being taken up by "other". Apps, music, and documents don't show up.

Same here, plus the apps tab doesn't show anything for me

Sent from my iPhone 5S or 5th gen iPod Touch (beta testing) using Tapatalk

iOS Gravity

Sep 24, 2013
Visit site
Just a tip, if you have the emoji keyboard turned on and you press and hold on the smiley face, a predictive text option shows up. It's basically and on off button for predictive text.

Tartarus

Ambassador
Feb 20, 2014
Visit site
My Bug Reporter doesn't crash, but when I type a report, the bottom part barely shows.View attachment 57874

Mine looks different due to the fact I have more keyboards installed
qetyduvu.jpg

zhelf

Trusted Member
Apr 18, 2009
Visit site
One Bug i noticed on my ipad air is spotlight search in landscape the keyboard does not rotate. Spotlight is in landscape but the keyboard is in portrait on the side and does not function.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FMHPro