iOS 8 Beta 1 for devs available for download. Bugs/Feedback thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

hb773

Jun 3, 2014
Visit site
Is anybody else having issues with the Bug Reporter app not accepting your credentials? I know both the ID and password are correct, but it won’t accept them and move beyond the login screen.

I had this problem. But after a few reboots it worked right away.

yzjustdatguy

Aug 7, 2013
Visit site
After closing apps and exiting to the home screen from multitasking, my 4S hangs for a bit then resprings. It happens quite often too

hb773

Jun 3, 2014
Visit site
After closing apps and exiting to the home screen from multitasking, my 4S hangs for a bit then resprings. It happens quite often too

Hey, Did you do a fresh 7.1-1 install then beta 1 right after then restore all your stuff?
If not thats most likely whats causing the resprings.

I had tons of reboots the first time i did it from 7.1.1 right to beta 1. Like one everytime i pressed a icon or unlocked it.

I just did a fresh install of 7.1.1 and then installed beta 1 and restored all my stuff. Been about 10 min now with no resprings.

No hang ups either.

Superjudge

Oct 8, 2011
Visit site
A question for those with the beta. Are the widgets/sections in the today screen collapsible? It didn't look that way. That could get annoying if you have too much info there.

anon(27512)

Apr 26, 2010
Visit site
I have problems with the lock screen on my 5S. When I try to wake from sleep, the lock screen won't always appear. Eventually it will show up, but it usually takes awhile. Most of the time it works as expected though.

Sent from my iPad using iMore Forums

yzjustdatguy

Aug 7, 2013
Visit site
Hey, Did you do a fresh 7.1-1 install then beta 1 right after then restore all your stuff?
If not thats most likely whats causing the resprings.

I had tons of reboots the first time i did it from 7.1.1 right to beta 1. Like one everytime i pressed a icon or unlocked it.

I just did a fresh install of 7.1.1 and then installed beta 1 and restored all my stuff. Been about 10 min now with no resprings.

No hang ups either.

It happens every time I close the messages app then go to my home screen. It freezes then resprings

nikkisharif

Ambassador
Jun 2, 2011
Visit site
Installed the beta about 6hrs ago and I haven't had any issues. The keyboard seems to be working well & all my messages have been going to my MBA instantly.

CrucialTK

Jan 21, 2012
Visit site
When adding emergency contacts into Medical ID in Healthkit...

When you choose a person (father, mother, sister, etc) it CALLS them. Lol. You have to end the call to finish up adding them. Silly.

Can confirm, this called my wife upon my selecting her as an emergency contact.

Good OL MC

Oct 9, 2012
Visit site
I'm on the fence about installing the beta this year. iOS 7's first iterations were not kind to my 4S and I'm not sure if the aging hardware is a good fit for the new software. Sure, they say it will work, but they said that about the 4 last year and it wasn't really fixed until 7.1.

On the other hand, getting the chance to find out is really cool and I'd have a great reason to submit bug reports.

So really what I should do is use this as an excuse to upgrade and THEN put the beta on my 4S. Good talk guys ;-)

ghostface147

Oct 1, 2009
Visit site
I am curious how many people on here are actually reporting these bugs to apple (if bug reporter is functioning for them) and sending logs and such.

chrishawver

Jun 3, 2014
Visit site
Yes I have it as well. You can test the Beta, but you can not submit apps for OS X unless you have the OS X developer acct. I only have the iOS acct as well.

ghostface147

Oct 1, 2009
Visit site
New Photos app thoughts

Anyone else have any complaints about it? I strongly dislike it because it removed all my events synced from iPhoto (whether I restored like new or updated from 7.1.1) as well removed the camera roll and named it recently added. Now when I did sync all of my photos that I wanted, it shoved them all in recently added with no organization whatsoever. Terrible.

I do like the fact that it does keep deleted photos into a trash bin (named recently deleted), but that's the only thing. Maybe they will update it during the beta process to work better with iPhoto by updating iPhoto itself on the Mac. However I suspect they may force iPhoto to be installed on iOS to show events.

For now, it's a mess and that's why I went back to iOS 7.1.1.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2