iOS 8 Beta 1 for devs available for download. Bugs/Feedback thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premium1

Trusted Member
Aug 17, 2011
Visit site
Been using iOS 8 for about 15 minutes now, so not enough time to really find bugs etc.. though battery life seems shockingly bad so far. 20% drop in that short amount of time.

Text size seems to be buggy as well, just can't seem to get it "right" across the platform. 1 Springboard crash and the screen becomes non-responsive occasionally too.

Other than that, thus far (in the little time i've been using it) it seems relatively stable considering it's a first beta.

Usually takes 3-4 betas to get battery life worked out, so not surprising you are getting poor battery life.

HankAZ

Banned
Jul 26, 2012
Visit site
Been using iOS 8 for about 15 minutes now, so not enough time to really find bugs etc.. though battery life seems shockingly bad so far. 20% drop in that short amount of time.

^^^^ is why mere mortals should not muck around with beta releases. This whole thing falls into the “IT’S A BETA” category.

mikeo007

Aug 11, 2012
Visit site
Is it an app ? Can you open it and see all your files ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Not that I've seen. Again, there's no apps that support it yet. When there are apps that support it, they'll show all documents that they are registered to handle on icloud, including documents from other apps.

Peligro911

Jun 1, 2011
Visit site
Not that I've seen. Again, there's no apps that support it yet.

Ya I know it would be a option inside a app but I was hoping it would be it's own app and you could select a file and then choose what app to open it.
I guess kind of like Dropbox I guess

mikeo007

Aug 11, 2012
Visit site
Ya I know it would be a option inside a app but I was hoping it would be it's own app and you could select a file and then choose what app to open it.
I guess kind of like Dropbox I guess

I assume they'll have something like that, although it does go against their design paradigms. But even if they don't, there will be a 3rd party app to do that.

Peligro911

Jun 1, 2011
Visit site
I assume they'll have something like that, although it does go against their design paradigms. But even if they don't, there will be a 3rd party app to do that.

Very true .. Apple and the sand box effect lol

mikeo007

Aug 11, 2012
Visit site
Anyone else noticing that the new keyboard (swiftkeyish) only shows in certain situations? It's showing in tapatalk while I type this reply, but doesn't show for most fields in the browser or things like Facebook.

mikeo007

Aug 11, 2012
Visit site
Very true .. Apple and the sand box effect lol

It looks like there is a UI for it, so I'd imagine there will be an app. Possibly the preview app that was rumoured before? The TextEdit app was rolled into notes, and the Tips app is still coming, so that just leaves preview missing from the original 'leak'.
zyzy7ube.jpg

CrucialTK

Jan 21, 2012
Visit site
Due to the hard reset, I reflashed the OS, and now iTunes doesn't recognize my file system. Who else loves beta day??

mikeo007

Aug 11, 2012
Visit site
During the keynote they showed a swipe action to flag a mail as unread. In settings you can also choose for this action to flag the message instead of marking it unread. Called "left triage action".

Other new options for mail/calendar:

Mark addresses
Alternate calendars
Week numbers
Show invitee declines

mikeo007

Aug 11, 2012
Visit site
Safari settings has a new "search" section. Some options have been migrated from other sections, but new ones include:

Search engine suggestions
Spotlight suggestions
Quick website search
Preload top hit

Status
Not open for further replies.