iOS 8 Beta 1 for devs available for download. Bugs/Feedback thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

BreakingKayfabe

Sep 12, 2008
Visit site
1. When ending a sentence in non-alphabetical characters, it doesn't go back to letters after a period. Same for other punctuation like a comma.

2. I haven't gotten quick reply to work from different apps, just the lock screen.

3. When entering text in a field like this one, it's either zoomed in like normal or zoomed all the way out.

I can only quick reply to one message from a thread. If there is more than 1 message in a thread, it doesn't allow quick reply.

Also, banner drop down won't come down in the Settings app.

acerace113

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
Can 3rd party apps finally use nitro JavaScript or does Apple still have that locked down?

Sent from my iPhone 5S or Jailbroken 5th gen iPod Touch using Tapatalk

CrucialTK

Jan 21, 2012
Visit site
Initial update for me hasn't completed, been sitting at a progress bar for initial install after validation and restart.

Vapor86

Jun 23, 2012
Visit site
PLEASE HELP!

All of my apps (other than the preloaded apps) have been stuck in the grayed out/waiting phase and will not download, I tried restarting phone, and nothing for the last hour +

ghostface147

Oct 1, 2009
Visit site
I think the quick reply message option is useless for people like me who have message preview turned off. You don't know what you are replying to if the preview is off. Maybe if you quick reply you can get a preview of the message in a future beta update.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
PLEASE HELP!

All of my apps (other than the preloaded apps) have been stuck in the grayed out/waiting phase and will not download, I tried restarting phone, and nothing for the last hour +

!. Try rebooting your device.
2. Understand that some apps might not load or work with the iOS 8 beta
3. Try removing the app and then re-initiate the download.

BreakingKayfabe

Sep 12, 2008
Visit site
I think the quick reply message option is useless for people like me who have message preview turned off. You don't know what you are replying to if the preview is off. Maybe if you quick reply you can get a preview of the message in a future beta update.

It's useless for the lock screen, yes. For me it's great in the NC. I'm glad you still get a preview in the drop down even with previews turned off.

Just_Me_D

Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
I was thinking the exact same thing during the presentation. Like you, I have preview disabled.

SOV

Jun 1, 2009
Visit site
After installing iOS 8 I keep getting a "SIM Not Valid" error. I've taken the SIM out, put it back in and even restored the device but I keep getting this error and cannot activate it.

Carrier: Verizon
Firmware: iOS 8 Beta 1 & 7.1.1 after downgrading.

ghostface147

Oct 1, 2009
Visit site
I am going back to 7.1, there is nothing that remarkable that I want to try out immediately.

I think I will be going down the same path. I don't like what they did with the photos app (so far and may be fixed with an iPhoto update in a future beta release). Camera roll doesn't exist anymore and the events I have setup in iPhoto don't work. It just bunches them all as recently added. What a mess. Quick reply isn't doing it for me since I have previews turned off for iMessages. The delete function in iOS 8 mail is too fast.

Daniel Smith4

Jun 12, 2013
Visit site
Been using iOS 8 for about 15 minutes now, so not enough time to really find bugs etc.. though battery life seems shockingly bad so far. 20% drop in that short amount of time.

Text size seems to be buggy as well, just can't seem to get it "right" across the platform. 1 Springboard crash and the screen becomes non-responsive occasionally too.

Other than that, thus far (in the little time i've been using it) it seems relatively stable considering it's a first beta.

Just_Me_D

Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
After installing iOS 8 I keep getting a "SIM Not Valid" error. I've taken the SIM out, put it back in and even restored the device but I keep getting this error and cannot activate it.

Please refrain from posting the same dilemma in more than one thread. It'll be read and replies will follow in due time. Thanks...:)

DarlaMack

Apple TV Champion, Ambassador
Champion
Dec 8, 2011
Visit site

Are you talking about after downgrading back to 7.1.1? I've installed iOS 8 and haven't had a "Verizon" issue as of yet.

🎀Sent from my beautiful iPhone 5S using iMore Forums🎀

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
janikhan1234