If apple makes IOS8 betas free like they did with mac, those poor UDID sites will be done

Premium1

Trusted Member
Aug 17, 2011
Visit site
So seeing how apple made mac betas available to anyone, who thinks they may do the same for IOS? Would make sense if they did, and also if they keep it only for "developers", but those UDID sites would be done. Will be interesting to see how it ends up and what apple chooses to do with betas.

mbar9607

Oct 22, 2011
Visit site
I hope they don't make it public cause could you imagine all the complaints form ppl about how's things don't work how they should

acerace113

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
So seeing how apple made mac betas available to anyone, who thinks they may do the same for IOS? Would make sense if they did, and also if they keep it only for "developers", but those UDID sites would be done. Will be interesting to see how it ends up and what apple chooses to do with betas.

If Apple did that they would probably have a developer beta version and a consumer beta version.

Sent from my iPhone 5S or Jailbroken 5th gen iPod Touch using Tapatalk

austriak

Jul 11, 2011
Visit site
How crippling can the betas be? There is a part of me that really wants to play with ios 8 now but I don't want to screw up my phone that I rely on. I'm very excited for the actionable notifications and 3rd party keyboards. Does the extensions for 3rd party apps,mean that you can now open an address in google maps instead of apple maps if the extension exists?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

SOV

Jun 1, 2009
Visit site
The free beta program for OS X is a little misleading. It is only for the first 1 million people who sign up.

Premium1

Trusted Member
Aug 17, 2011
Visit site
How crippling can the betas be? There is a part of me that really wants to play with ios 8 now but I don't want to screw up my phone that I rely on. I'm very excited for the actionable notifications and 3rd party keyboards. Does the extensions for 3rd party apps,mean that you can now open an address in google maps instead of apple maps if the extension exists?

Usually they aren't too bad after beta 3 or so, but since apple does not allow developers to update their apps until the GM hits, some apps do not work right and I guess some users leave negative reviews.

acerace113

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
Usually they aren't too bad after beta 3 or so, but since apple does not allow developers to update their apps until the GM hits, some apps do not work right and I guess some users leave negative reviews.

I do the opposite and email the developer about the problem just incase they missed it or so they are aware of it so they can work on a fix.

Sent from my Jailbroken 5th gen iPod touch or iPhone 5S using Tapatalk

Premium1

Trusted Member
Aug 17, 2011
Visit site
I do the opposite and email the developer about the problem just incase they missed it or so they are aware of it so they can work on a fix.

Sent from my Jailbroken 5th gen iPod touch or iPhone 5S using Tapatalk

And if everyone did that, we wouldn't have the closed beta. But like with everything, people expect even beta software to work like a final product

rayz336

Mar 10, 2011
Visit site

Based on the way Apple explained it yesterday, it sounds like you should be able to open stuff on Google Maps when iOS 8 launches and Google adds the extension

ghostface147

Oct 1, 2009
Visit site
UDID sites will still make money for various reasons if iOS beta does go limited public. Limited amounts of public sign ups, higher demand for beta testing will equal money. Speaking of which...if anyone wants to pay for a slot, I hav......just kidding. That's not allowed on here and will be an immediate ban.

sau124

Aug 13, 2012
Visit site

Why would you want to open the addresses in google maps? I have been using Apple maps for a while now and Apple has upgraded a lot of material in the backend to make it better. I stay in NYC and have no issues with Apple maps. I understand transit maps are better in google version but if you stay in the city long enough you know exactly what to do. Again, this might not be true in other parts of the country or world though.

You can play with iOS 8 now but most of the features are not enabled as most of the third party apps are not updated yet. I think we will have to wait till fall for the developers to submit the apps. I wish the developers let other developers test their apps on the new iOS with the new test feature and then you might get to play with 3rd party keyboards for example.

kilofoxtrot

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site

Verizon, ATT, Sprint etc etc would have a shift-fit with all their customers calling their support lines with people asking for help with their "broken" phone.

Thats why you will never see a open beta for iOS.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
forwardsmychoice