Should there be a Phone & iMessage option in the Control Center?

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Should the ability to make a phone call or send a quick iMessage reply be added to the Control Center in iOS 8? Would you be interested in having those two available in the Control Center?

BreakingKayfabe

Sep 12, 2008
Visit site
I'd like that. But in the notification center. Basically actionable notifications is what I would like. I'd feel a little cluttered in the Control Center since it can really take up the whole screen like NC does.

iOS Gravity

Sep 24, 2013
Visit site
I would like Quick Compose in the Notification Center like in BiteSMS. The phone option would be useful in Control Center.

Megan Blok

Sep 18, 2013
Visit site
I would like Quick Compose in the Notification Center like in BiteSMS. The phone option would be useful in Control Center.

I agree. I will never jailbreak so I really would like to see a biteSMS responding system in iOS 8. Similar to a push interface article I read on iMore. For example when in the photos app, you want to share to Facebook. So you tap the Facebook button and a small widget like screen appears and disappears once you hit share without yanking you away from the photos app on opening the Facebook app. Apple already does it so why not incorporate it into text messages?

Sent from my Gold iPhone 5s 

taz323

Mar 10, 2013
Visit site
I like my iMessage and the control center the way they are. It's already second nature to me and it works.

rayz336

Mar 10, 2011
Visit site
I'd like that. But in the notification center. Basically actionable notifications is what I would like. I'd feel a little cluttered in the Control Center since it can really take up the whole screen like NC does.

Yeah actionable notifications would be great

Highrisedrifter

Sep 19, 2012
Visit site
Being that i've never used iMessage, i'm not overly fussed if it is included in the control centre.

As for phone, no.

I would however support the inclusion of these items i the control centre if the CC could be far more customisable than it is now, with toggles to turn on and off various options that could be included. I have a good tweak on my jailbroken devices that allows me to do just that and if it was built into iOS8 then I would have no need of jailbreaking anymore.

mikeo007

Aug 11, 2012
Visit site
I probably would never use iMessage functionality in the control centre. I could see actionable notifications in notification centre being useful for some folks. Personally I probably wouldn't use that either, but a couple more options is always nice.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gokox