Do You Want Quick Reply And Quick Compose To Be Native Features In iOS 8?

Jaguarr40

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
We as the general public buying these items have somewhat of a say in what we want in the hardware and software. What do you think? Is this something you would like to see?

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Yes. I prefer that Apple bring back the quick reply & quick compose feature, but have it integrated with iMessage, email, reminders, etcetera.

jburke82

Mar 6, 2012
Visit site
I can see why many people love and crave this feature, but for me honestly...I have never needed it. Even when jailbroken, I never downloaded any app or tweak to obtain this feature. It's just been something I don't feel to be a deal breaker. If it is available will I use it? I don't know...I would definitely try it.

To me, tapping the message icon and replying that way doesn't take any time at all.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
I can see why many people love and crave this feature, but for me honestly...I have never needed it. Even when jailbroken, I never downloaded any app or tweak to obtain this feature. It's just been something I don't feel to be a deal breaker. If it is available will I use it? I don't know...I would definitely try it.

To me, tapping the message icon and replying that way doesn't take any time at all.
I agree that the feature is not a deal breaker, and I can definitely function without it, but I used the heck out of it with Twitter without actually having to go into the Twitter app...(laughing)...It reminds me of the Drafts app.

Last edited:

Jaguarr40

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
If is is there I have the ability to use it or not. The same as many features we have in 7.1 but we don't use them all. They are nice to have just in case.

acerace113

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
Quick reply sure, compose not really. But maybe quick reply with an option to reply with Siri while using an app would be useful...

Sent from my iPhone 5S or 5th gen iPod Touch using Tapatalk

jburke82

Mar 6, 2012
Visit site
If is is there I have the ability to use it or not. The same as many features we have in 7.1 but we don't use them all. They are nice to have just in case.

I totally agree...just the option would be appreciated. I just don't know how much I would actually use it. When I had an android device, I had a messaging app (I forget which one) which had the feature, and I never used it. I ended up going back to stock.

I would definitely give it a whirl if it were available though!

Highrisedrifter

Sep 19, 2012
Visit site
I don't use quick compose but I love quick reply. I have it on my jailbroken iPhone 5 using BiteSMS and on my Note 3 in their Android form (ChompSMS) and it's used multiple times daily as it's just such a convenient feature!

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
INTERNET BUNDLE NOW