iOS 8: The Future of mobile payments?

kataran

Ambassador
Mar 11, 2013
Visit site
We already have apps that fill this void like PayPal and others even a case that's in kick starters I believe that will work with the iPhone to bring this topic to lite but will iOS 8 address this in an operating level

Feel free to chime in in this subject

Sent from my iPhone 5s Gold 64GB

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
I don't think Apple will incorporate a mobile payment system with iOS 8. Heck, when was the last time they did something with the Passbook app? I think the focus will mostly be on device size more than iOS itself, but we'll know soon enough...:)

jclisenby

Feb 2, 2012
Visit site
I don't see how Apple can stay out of payments much longer. They easily have a billion active credit cards on their iTunes servers. Leveraging that existing base for payments is a logical step.

Tappin and Talkin from my iPhone 5

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
I don't see how Apple can stay out of payments much longer. They easily have a billion active credit cards on their iTunes servers. Leveraging that existing base for payments is a logical step.

Tappin and Talkin from my iPhone 5

Agreed. They almost have to do something with all those CCs they have.

Yeah, but will it be a part of / associated with iOS 8?

kataran

Ambassador
Mar 11, 2013
Visit site
D said it right it would have to be a hardware, Software marriage for a smooth experience but that would leave out the millions of users on older devices

Sent from my iPhone 5s Gold 64GB

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tomwex73