Share your iOS 8 Predictions!

EmceeGeek

Dec 1, 2010
Visit site
I don't like to predict what will be in the next iOS release because I don't want to be disappointed, and Apple (as we know) is very unpredictable. That doesn't stop you all from sharing your predictions though! What would you like to see?

kataran

Ambassador
Mar 11, 2013
Visit site
I read the blog rumors but I will add hands free Siri option should be there as long as you can toggle it on and off

Sent from my iPhone 5s Gold 64GB

swarlos

Trusted Member
Jun 24, 2012
Visit site
Honestly I just wish all the rumors and predictions would stop and we can all be amazed at WWDC again.

Agreed. That's the reason I loved last years WWDC cause we really had no idea what iOS 7 was going to look like and pretty much everything that was shown was all wrong.

Also all this speculation and rumor crap is what really disappoints us because we build up our expectations so much that we're utterly devastated when Apple or Samsung (ie S5) introduces their new device and it doesn't meet those lofty expectations.

Carried by a raven from the Wall.

swarlos

Trusted Member
Jun 24, 2012
Visit site
I'm thinking they will put NFC into the next iPhone, so support for that in iOS 8.

That would be a major shock as most blogs including Rene think that's not going to happen with good argument as it hasn't really taken off with any real steam.

Dennisgarcia

Oct 9, 2011
Visit site
im wondering what 200 new features will be in this years version of ios. im actually really excited to see what new things theyll be adding to ios 8.

Sent from my iPhone using iMore Forums

swarlos

Trusted Member
Jun 24, 2012
Visit site
im wondering what 200 new features will be in this years version of ios. im actually really excited to see what new things theyll be adding to ios 8.

Right?! LOL I think that 200 claim is a bit of a stretch. I am really excited though for this year.

Dennisgarcia

Oct 9, 2011
Visit site
every year they always promote over 200 new features lol they are gonna run out of new features to add if they keep it up like that lol im also more interested on what theyll do with the fingerprint scanner as far as adding new capabilities and uses for it.

swarlos

Trusted Member
Jun 24, 2012
Visit site
every year they always promote over 200 new features lol they are gonna run out of new features to add if they keep it up like that lol im also more interested on what theyll do with the fingerprint scanner as far as adding new capabilities and uses for it.

Yeah super excited for that! There was a couple really good jail break tweaks for that namely one I started a thread for Bioprotect, so awesome! Man I miss my jb LOL but wanted stability so here I am on 7.1.

SprSynJn

Jun 27, 2013
Visit site
That would be a major shock as most blogs including Rene think that's not going to happen with good argument as it hasn't really taken off with any real steam.

Good point. But if Apple were to implement it, it would surely take off. Here in Japan the feature has been in standard phones for years. I don't really see why they wouldn't as they already added the fingerprint scanner anyway.

swarlos

Trusted Member
Jun 24, 2012
Visit site
Good point. But if Apple were to implement it, it would surely take off. Here in Japan the feature has been in standard phones for years. I don't really see why they wouldn't as they already added the fingerprint scanner anyway.

If Apple did adopt it then we'd see a definite boom in the use but I don't think Apple sees it as a viable feature.

T1ck_T0ck

Mar 14, 2014
Visit site
I would love to see Quick SMS Reply support, something akin to BiteSMS.

I would also like to see an EQ for the Music app like in EQu or TuneShell.

Last edited:

Sharon Nathaniel

Nov 16, 2012
Visit site
As a developer, I would like to see Touch ID and Siri to be open to developers for integration in our apps. Since I love photography an improved camera with higher apreture and larger sensor with better low light results. Except these changes in Maps, more simplified constraints and storyboard. Another most important change would be a better cable, the cables get torn within a year usage.

sau124

Aug 13, 2012
Visit site
Some of the features that I can predict to improve or implemented:
- Maps
- Siri
- Health monitoring/tracking apps
- Modify control center apps
- Some sort of payment option
- Camera functions
- iWork apps free for everyone

Ariyala

Jun 29, 2010
Visit site
Main thing I can think of right now is more modification/customization to Notifications and maybe weather updated on lock screen.
I just want the "WOW factor" to be there again. Maybe give us something we've never seen nor thought of yet!!

Arelunde

May 17, 2011
Visit site
I would LOVE to see a "Clear All" option on the Notification panel. It's gets old really fast having to clear each category multiple times a day.

SockRolid

Jul 9, 2010
Visit site
No specific predictions, but I think Apple should add deep features to iOS 8 and little if any UI chrome updates. For example maybe a general EasyPay system for deployment at major retail stores other than just Apple Stores. And a password framework that uses TouchID and the A7+ "secure enclave" with iCloud Keychain. I think it's time for Apple to add one or both of those features to iOS 8 (not to mention brick-and-mortar retailers who use "EasyPay+" or whatever Apple might call it.)

But whatever "deep features" Apple adds to iOS 8, they simply couldn't have been done last year for one reason or another. It would be too much, in terms of development effort and in user acceptance, to massively change both the iOS feature set and UI design.

I think Apple could start using a tick-tock UI / feature evolution strategy with iOS from now on.

iOS 7: massive UI redesign plus TouchID support.
iOS 8: small UI touch-ups plus one or two major technologies that leverage TouchID.
iOS 9: massive UI redesign plus some unknown new enabling "technology X".
iOS 10: small UI touch-ups plus one or two major technologies that leverage "technology X".
etc.

But in the long term, I think Apple needs to make iPhone (and post-iPhone devices) invaluable to the mass market. Into something that they absolutely need to have. Into something that the Samsung copycats of the world will have zero chance of mimicking.

And how will Apple do that? How will they make iPhone (and post-iPhone devices) an invaluable part of the future lifestyle? By disrupting other aspects of that lifestyle and re-designing them in their own image. Like retail (with EasyPay). Like fashion (yes, fashion, maybe with Beats but definitely with Angela Ahrendts' expertise.)

And I'm pretty sure Jony Ive has some strong ideas about designing things other than consumer electronics goods. And I'm pretty sure he's already sketched out the next 4 or 5 generations of iPhone, iPad, iMac, MacBook, etc. Time for him and Apple to branch out.

Last edited:

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2