How do I remove a subscribed calendar in iOS7?

MrMars

Jun 2, 2012
Visit site
I have this calendar I subscribe to who knows how long ago. I have found a better alternative and wish to remove it but, I can't seem to find an option to remove it nor do I remember how/when/where I subscribed to it.

Sent from my iPhone using iMore Forums

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
re:

I am assuming you're referring to the native Calendar app on your iOS device.

1. Initiate the native Calendar app
2. Tap on "Calendars" at the bottom of the screen
3. Tap on "Edit" in the upper left corner
4. Tap on the calendar you want to delete
5. Scroll to the bottom and then tap on "Delete Calendar"

MrMars

Jun 2, 2012
Visit site
How do I removed a "subscribed" calendar?

I am assuming you're referring to the native Calendar app on your iOS device.

1. Initiate the native Calendar app
2. Tap on "Calendars" at the bottom of the screen
3. Tap on "Edit" in the upper left corner
4. Tap on the calendar you want to delete
5. Scroll to the bottom and then tap on "Delete Calendar"

That's what I assumed but there is no delete option at the bottom of the screen.

Just_Me_D

Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
re:

If you're trying to remove the U.S calendar that Apple included with iOS 7.1, you cannot delete it.

MrMars

Jun 2, 2012
Visit site
How do I removed a "subscribed" calendar?

If you're trying to remove the U.S calendar that Apple included with iOS 7.1, you cannot delete it.

It's a previously added holiday calendar that I wish to delete now that IOS includes a holiday calendar. I even tried the way of going through settings>Mail,contacts,calendars and that doesn't work. The said calendar doesn't even show up there.

Just_Me_D

Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
re:

It's a previously added holiday calendar that I wish to delete now that IOS includes a holiday calendar. I even tried the way of going through settings>Mail,contacts,calendars and that doesn't work. The said calendar doesn't even show up there.

If it's the US Holidays calendar in the "Other" section and has the word "subscribed" underneath it, that's the one that Apple included and can't be deleted. If that's not the one you're referring to then I don't know what else to tell you except to login to the iCloud website via a computer and see if you can delete it there.

MrMars

Jun 2, 2012
Visit site
re:

Now I'm wondering if I had it backwards. I just discovered how to remove one US Holiday calendar. I had two that were both named the same thing so maybe the one now remaining is the one added by Apple in the recent iOS update. Regardless I now only have one US Holiday calendar which is what I was trying to accomplish.

Peligro911

Jun 1, 2011
Visit site
re:

Now I'm wondering if I had it backwards. I just discovered how to remove one US Holiday calendar. I had two that were both named the same thing so maybe the one now remaining is the one added by Apple in the recent iOS update. Regardless I now only have one US Holiday calendar which is what I was trying to accomplish.

How did you do it I just looked and I have two also .. Logging into iCloud on a PC only shows my iCloud calendar but on my phone I have subcribed and other both have holidays

Sent from my iPhone using iMore Forums mobile app

Peligro911

Jun 1, 2011
Visit site
re:

Oops I figured it out ..
I just had to go under my mail and calendar settings and select subscribed calendars and delete it

MrMars

Jun 2, 2012
Visit site
re:

Wondering why the US Holidays calendar shows up on my phone but does not show when I sign into iCloud on my pc.

ImageUploadedByiMore Forums1395100057.857875.jpg

Peligro911

Jun 1, 2011
Visit site
re:

So therefore it only shows up on mobile devices and not iCloud online?

Mine does not show online either .. It also does not show any of my subscribed calendars only my iCloud one ... Good thing I never look at that calendar lol

meeksdoteric

Mar 24, 2014
Visit site
re:

Go to: Settings > Mail, Contacts, Calendars > Subscribed Calendars

Select calendar you'd like to delete, scroll down to the bottom and tap Delete Account

I hope this saves someone some time and trouble. It took me forever to find this.

Eric

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tomwex73