7.1 and 2010 Ford Sync BT failures

gordol

Apr 13, 2012
Visit site
Since updating my iPhone 5 to iOS7.1, I've been having problems connecting my phone to my 2010 Ford Focus over BlueTooth for media playback. The car has Ford Sync, and worked mostly fine before. Now, it fails to connect more often than it does connect. The car claims there is no bluetooth device to connect to, even though the display icons on both the phone and the car show a connection.

I've had intermittent success by rebooting the phone and the car (shutting the car off and opening the door to kill the infotainment system and restarting), and also intermittent success by pressing the Phone button on the car first and then telling it to connect to bluetooth audio.

Unfortunately, Ford has confirmed that I am already on the most recent update of Sync for my car and there are no further updates, ever.

nikkisharif

Ambassador
Jun 2, 2011
Visit site
I've always had problems with Ford Sync whenever I rent a Ford vehicle. It drives me nuts to the point, I just stopped renting them all together. I hope you find a solution soon. Good Luck!!

gordol

Apr 13, 2012
Visit site
Have you tried deleting the BT pairing from both the iPhone & the Ford, then re-pair the two devices from scratch?

I just double-checked all of my other BT devices (two headsets and a keyboard for my iPad) and they all connect and work just fine after the iOS update. It's only the car that (ahem) drives me nuts.

Jan 20, 2014
Visit site
I've always had problems with Ford Sync whenever I rent a Ford vehicle. It drives me nuts to the point, I just stopped renting them all together. I hope you find a solution soon. Good Luck!!

Me too! I rented a car for us for a weekend to go out to Austin, It was a Ford Fusion. I felt like I was in the cockpit of an airplane. I couldn't get anything to work. It stressed me out. Sure, I love technology. However, when I'm driving I need to focus on that. So I'm definitely going to always choose the most simple controls on my vehicles. It took like 4 steps to get that Fusion to play my friends iPod. EACH time I'd have to turn off the car I had to do that! In my car, if the Bluetooth is on within my device, it just starts playing. Nothing more than that. It just works.

Sent from one of my toys using Tapatalk.

gordol

Apr 13, 2012
Visit site
I just double-checked all of my other BT devices (two headsets and a keyboard for my iPad) and they all connect and work just fine after the iOS update. It's only the car that (ahem) drives me nuts.

Update/correction: Last night, the connection between my Belkin keyboard (Belkin keyboard case) and the iPad kept dropping.

erikbock

Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
I have a 2010 F-150 with Sync and have had similar problems with my old iPhone 4 and my current iPhone 5. I have to go in and manually set Sync to use the BT connection. Every once in awhile I get the same thing where it says no BT connection.

I read a couple weeks ago Ford may be losing MS for the next version of Sync and going with QNX a far superior solution. My next vehicle will have CarPlay so I hope that is the permanent fix.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2