What do you expect or hope iOS 7.1 brings to the iPhone/iPad?

cinematicme

Dec 10, 2013
Visit site
Hmm..I'm thinking if I should go to the beta or not because of that bug and if it is serious or not.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You can just use the iOS version of Chrome instead of safari , bug isn't present afaik

iRiidium

Jan 8, 2014
Visit site
Hmm..I'm thinking if I should go to the beta or not because of that bug and if it is serious or not.

How long have you had your iPhone? You've gone all this time and that bug existed and the world hasn't come to an end. I don't think that waiting a little longer, until 7.1 Official even, will make too much difference.

Sent from my liberated Titanium iPad Air LTE 

ajaykp96

Mar 2, 2014
Visit site
How long have you had your iPhone? You've gone all this time and that bug existed and the world hasn't come to an end. I don't think that waiting a little longer, until 7.1 Official even, will make too much difference.

8 months about and haha yeah. Thanks, I'm gonna go back to 7.1, I miss the fluidity of it

iRiidium

Jan 8, 2014
Visit site
8 months about and haha yeah. Thanks, I'm gonna go back to 7.1, I miss the fluidity of it

I'm not trying to downplay the significance of the threat, just trying to help keep it in perspective.

cinematicme

Dec 10, 2013
Visit site
Ok thanks. I'll do that later today. Is that what you're doing?

That's what I did I between 7.0.4 and 7.0.6 yeah. But as it turns out linking with my desktop and iPad through chrome for tab management and saved passwords etc has been great anyway.

phreddyl

Feb 12, 2011
Visit site
I am looking for the re-springs to go away. I know many people don't have this issue but it's been very irritating.

elvisx77

Sep 17, 2013
Visit site
I want following features From next iOS release.

* ascending ring tones.
* some sign on the display to know when your phone is on silent.
* call waiting notifications.
* call conference notifications.
* SMS delivery notifications.
* call connected notification.
* sharing photos and videos with non-iOS devices.
* battery full notification
* send multiple contacts at once to a another iOS device via airdrop.

Some of these features may sound so simple but they are really useful in operation. End of the day what we all want is our iOS devices to be perfect.

Sent from my iPhone 5S using iMore Forums mobile app

linsiris

Dec 3, 2012
Visit site
I'd like to see an improved Apple Maps experience. I always try to stick to Apple Apps but Google Maps is just better in its accuracy and UI.

Same here! Apple maps is useless to me. Also I'd like to see some keyboard options and the freaking reply from notifications option!!

melbsteve

Jun 23, 2013
Visit site
Google maps works well for me. What is the benefit of Apple maps?

Sent from my liberated plutonium 5s 64

I'll just chip in and try to answer that question. For me it's the Siri integration (nothing better than grabbing the phone and shouting "drive me home!" at it if you get lost or something, it just works and you don't run the risk of getting caught by the law with your phone while driving) , I love Flyover (looks great, is very smooth and really helps if you live in a city that supports it) and of course if you have a Mac it's one click and you have the route you planned on your Mac right on the phone's lock screen. In bigger cities (Melbourne in my case) I find it to be just as precise as Google Maps by now and the native iOS integration plus the design just gives it the edge over gMaps for me personally.

iRiidium

Jan 8, 2014
Visit site
I'll just chip in and try to answer that question. For me it's the Siri integration (nothing better than grabbing the phone and shouting "drive me home!" at it if you get lost or something, it just works and you don't run the risk of getting caught by the law with your phone while driving) , I love Flyover (looks great, is very smooth and really helps if you live in a city that supports it) and of course if you have a Mac it's one click and you have the route you planned on your Mac right on the phone's lock screen. In bigger cities (Melbourne in my case) I find it to be just as precise as Google Maps by now and the native iOS integration plus the design just gives it the edge over gMaps for me personally.

Thanks for the insight.

Bazza1

Mar 13, 2011
Visit site
A real email client that permits the addition of attachments of all kinds, in all emails - be the items stored locally or in the 'cloud'. This might even encourage people to use Pages and/or iCloud if a prerequisite of the mail app is that they be stored in folders there. Locally stored pics only or relying on counter-intuitively opening 3rd Party Apps to start the attachment process is simply not good enough.

Kashan Osama

Jan 3, 2014
Visit site
Just the performance optimization,stability and some extra optimizations for iphone 4/4s (LOL i have 4s)

I know Apple won't do it in 7.1 but What I think is

By Making the iTunes app approval process bit more tight and from their own side,Giving the apps bit more room to integrate seamlessly in their OS..So a good tight

developing design + integration will surely be the most most most productive and practical change ever...

Like Clock app integration to alarm apps,Download manager,a "really well designed" file manager integration,keyboard apps integration into iOS,or having some sort of app persmissions to use the keyboard for apps

Allowing backgrounding of clock apps and etc,Ability of stock apps Like notes and reminders (maybe even calender) to access lockscreen,NC to have them all the time in NC/LS....would be extremely productive

EDIT:

Was just thinking that possibilities are endless,like integrating Launch Center Pro into CC/Lockscreen (swipe left and here we go essential apps on lockscreen,click on the app and hit the thumb on Touch ID :) )..."launch center pro requires the permission to access lockscreen" :D

Ability to have Reminders into NC/Lockscreen all the time,Notes app integration into stock app
etccc

"iOS at present is like a beautiful piece of writing ,yet to be converted into an aesthetically crafted prose"

Last edited:

Ali365Dash

Banned
Mar 2, 2014
Visit site
Finally, the official update! Only one downside: I can't jailbreak :crying:
Every iOS 7.1 jailbreak you see is a complete and utter lie. That is, until a popular group like Evasi0n finally makes the iOS 7.1 jailbreak.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
janikhan1234