Has anybody continued to use Reminders since iOS7's release?

robclif4d

Apr 21, 2011
Visit site
Has anybody continued to use Reminders since iOS7's release? I want to use it as my primary todo app, but I like using a web interface during work to enter my tasks and the current web version of Reminders lacks the task customization of something like Toodledo. I use Toodledo as my heavy lifter todo app and Reminders for shared family tasks. I know I can use apps like Pocket Informant to fill the customization gap, but Reminders, as it stands today, just seems to fall short.

I'd like to hear how you manage your tasks, whether it's with Reminders or something else. If you use Reminders to manage a lot of tasks with due dates with repeats, I'd like to know your approach

Thank you.

Rob

Les74

May 30, 2011
Visit site
I use it every day, but I do believe it needs improvements. Such as, I rarely ever get notifications on the days of the reminders. I have the same issue with Fantastical....sadly.

Sent from my iPhone using iMore Forums app

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Although I've always been a fan of Any.Do, I've mostly been using the native Reminders app since the release of iOS 7. I always get my notifications as well as get them on time. I really don't need anything else.

kataran

Ambassador
Mar 11, 2013
Visit site
I use reminder because not only does it work well with Siri when you make custom folders but they also cleaned up the look with iOS 7

Sent from my iPhone 5s Gold 64GB

TurboTiger

Nov 27, 2003
Visit site
I use it religiously but I agree it needs a lot of work.
My biggest gripe is that you can't enable an all day Reminder. Unfortunately you has to assign a time.

Good Luck

mumfoau

Ambassador
Nov 6, 2011
Visit site
I use it with no issues! I have only one reminder though and that's to reboot my phone every Friday at 6:00am. I get a notification at 6:00am on Friday mornings like clockwork!

Sent from my iPhone using iMore Forums

dc9super80

Apr 30, 2013
Visit site
I use reminders a lot, along with calendar for varying appointments and actives during the day. I have a Mac, so it all syncs up nicely.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

Bazza1

Mar 13, 2011
Visit site
I use Reminders (both on my iPhone and my Mac), but I have to admit that, on my iPhone, I tend to access it via its integration with Fantasical 2. I guess it kinda goes without saying I also tend to use Fantasical 2 to set and view Calendar events on my iPhone, rather than Apple's effort - only keeping that in the Dock because of its active date presentation.

Amamba

Mar 4, 2014
Visit site
Reminders is rather primitive, and since there's no integration with calendar in iOS7, I don't see any reason to use it.

Having went in the last 10 years from Windows Mobile to Android to iOS while synchronizing data to work and home computers, I don't want to depend on one OS way of doing things, especially when it's rather basic to begin with. I have many meetings and tasks, and I need to maintain my way of doing things with minimal adjustments while moving from platform to platform. It's also imperative that I see tasks in Calendar on due date.

So, for the last few years, I've been using Google calendar. It's not perfect, as it doesn't support Task start date. But it's the easiest one to sync across platforms and devices. My calendar app of choice is CalenGoo. It supports custom repeats, recurring tasks, and on Android also syncing tasks from different accounts. Most importantly, it shows tasks in Calendar. the author is very responsive and is now working on adding the multiple account task sync feature to iOS. I used to like Pocket Informant on Windows Mobile, but it has become too bloated and too expensive on other platforms.

I use to be into hierarchical task lists and project driven structure, but after a while maintaining a complicated task structure takes too much time. Keep it simple, stupid ;). As I said, about the only feature I am missing is start date, otherwise Calengoo and Google Tasks / Calendar work great for me.

Last edited:

parker5011

Oct 18, 2011
Visit site
I use it a lot. I inky started recently when I got fantastical and it integrates them. Some things I don't want as calendar events but is nice to see in my calendar app if that makes any sense.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

parker5011

Oct 18, 2011
Visit site
I use it a lot. I inky started recently when I got fantastical and it integrates them. Some things I don't want as calendar events but is nice to see in my calendar app if that makes any sense.

That should be "only" not "inky". Blasted autocorrect.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nijolcreative