Unknown symbol on iPhone 5 iOS 7.0.4

jobosumm

May 3, 2011
Visit site
Anyone know what the symbol is top left next to the wifi symbol? It's a circle with arrows spinning? Isn't that when something is updating?? It wasn't there until I came home and it auto connected to the wifi. The phone is not plugged in to anything.
y5umahuz.jpg

Thanks

John Yester

Moderator Team Leader
Ambassador
May 23, 2012
Visit site
When the computer and the iOS device are on the same network, the iOS device will appear in iTunes, and you can sync it. The iOS device will sync automatically when the following conditions are true:

The iOS device is charging.

iTunes is open on the computer.

The iOS device and the computer are on the same Wi-Fi network.

Peligro911

Jun 1, 2011
Visit site
Anyone know what the symbol is top left next to the wifi symbol? It's a circle with arrows spinning? Isn't that when something is updating?? It wasn't there until I came home and it auto connected to the wifi. The phone is not plugged in to anything. http://img.tapatalk.com/d/14/01/31/y5umahuz.jpg

Thanks

It's syncing to iTunes and since your charging also you could be plugged into the computer with iTunes open

Or iTunes is open and wifi sync is enabled so it syncs when you charge your phone

Sent from my iPhone using iMore Forums mobile app

jobosumm

May 3, 2011
Visit site
Phone was charging in the kitchen... The iMac in the other room had iTunes open (had been restoring my iPad that the Genius Bar fixed today) and wifi sync is enabled. (Had no idea it even did that!) Guess I just never noticed it doing that before.
Thank you.