- iMore Beginner
- 55 Posts
Videos stock app & other data
Over the last week my "other data" sky rocketed to over 5GB leaving me with barely 500MB of space remaining.
I've done everything I can think of to help keep the other data down from reinstalling apps, deleting data consuming apps to buying program like iExplorer and PhoneClean3. Nothing works to keep the yellow bar from growing. This is something I've come to accept from Apple and being an iPhone user.
In efforts to keep more space on my phone I use Netflix, Hulu and Podcasts apps so no physical media is on my phone. Sounds smart right? We'll, the other night, while streaming a movie that I bought on iTunes, I was suddenly greeted with a message. I'm paraphrasing but it was warning me that my storage was almost full. Huh?! At the time I had 2GB of free space on my phone and am baffled what is going on.
Are apps like Netflix, Hulu and Apple's Video app storing data? Any tips to help me conserve space? I've even gone as far as restoring my phone to factory setting with only other data to come back a few weeks later.
Last edited by csullivan1980; 01-25-2014 at 03:44 AM.
- 01-23-2014, 12:00 PM #2
- 01-23-2014, 12:08 PM #3
- 01-23-2014, 10:24 PM #4
- By olivia lee in forum iPad AirReplies: 11Last Post: 02-19-2014, 04:26 AM
- By taz323 in forum General Apple News & DiscussionReplies: 39Last Post: 01-24-2014, 09:14 PM
- By Kashan Osama in forum iPhone 4SReplies: 6Last Post: 01-24-2014, 04:31 PM
- By budmonster in forum iPhoneReplies: 1Last Post: 01-23-2014, 09:17 AM
- By iMore.com in forum iMore.com News DiscussionReplies: 4Last Post: 01-22-2014, 11:36 PM