Is there a way to change the calendar colors on my iPhone?

darinr80

Nov 18, 2012
Visit site
I like the iOS 7 calendar colors but I do not like the Google calendar colors I use with CalDAV. Is there a way to change the colors on my phone???

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Google calendar colors

1. Initiate the Calendars app
2. Select "Calendars" at the bottom.
3. Select "Edit" in the upper left corner.
4. Tap on your Google Calendar
5. Choose the color scheme you want to use with it.
6. Select "Done" in the upper right corner.

darinr80

Nov 18, 2012
Visit site
Re: Google calendar colors

After hitting edit, I cannot actually click on one of the calendars. Is that because it's setup using CalDAV? See attached:photo.PNG

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Re: Google calendar colors

After hitting edit, I cannot actually click on one of the calendars. Is that because it's setup using CalDAV? See attached:View attachment 46345

I suppose, but I don't know. I will have to try to replicate it. Also, I was under the impression that CalDav was not needed with iOS 7.

spc_cdt

Oct 17, 2014
Visit site
Had the same problem as you, specifically with shared Gmail/Google calendars.

Here's what fixed it:
1. Open Google Calendar in your web browser
2. Click on the drop-down menu beside the calendar you wish to edit and select "Choose custom color"
3. Enter a hex color that would look good on your iphone. See link for examples: jeffreysambellsDOTcom/2013/09/17/iphone-5c-5s-hex-colours (NB. replace the DOT with an actual dot)
4. Click "ok" and refresh your calendar app on your iphone

Hope that worked for you as it did for me!
The default Gmail calendar colors were just plain ugly :not-interested:

CDS Tech

Jan 1, 2015
Visit site
One thing EVERYONE is overlooking here. I had the same problem and I realized after hours of investigating. My senario was that I had my Iphone checking the email and calendar of 2 gmail accounts on my Iphone. On my main google calendar account, I went to the google web calendar and hid the shared calendar of the other account to allow for the color bar /spot to change color. Otherwise the shared calendar on the Iphone would remain black showing there is a conflict. Keep in mind that if you decide to go to the main google web account calendar, you will need to temporarily unhide the calendar to additions, edit, or changes. However you will still be able to add or edit on the iphone without any additional steps taken.

Arthur Johnson2

Feb 22, 2017
Visit site
Re: Is there a way to change the calendar colors of t he dots on my iPhone?

The response I got showed how to change the color when an event is displayed. My question was not answered:not-interested.

Rob Phillips

iPhone X & Apple TV Champion, Moderator
Champion
May 1, 2012
Visit site
Re: Is there a way to change the calendar colors of t he dots on my iPhone?

The response I got showed how to change the color when an event is displayed. My question was not answered:not-interested.

What exactly is your question? You have one post so far on our forum and it's the one I'm quoting in this response. If you asked a question as a guest in our Ask a Question subforum I recommend replying back in your original thread.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MadisonOlsen