No Contact name in Messages?

joshb303

Sep 12, 2013
Visit site
So, this is very weird, and it only happens with ONE number, it's never really bothered me until now, now that I text this person more often. ANYWAY.

I have this contact saved in my phone, with name and all, but, for some reason, his name will not show up in Messages, only his number.

I've tried saving his number through Messages, even as a new contact, still won't show his name. Everyone else is fine, just his. Any suggestions to get this ONE name to show up? Lol thanks all

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
That is indeed weird, and I don't know what to tell you., except to delete the contact from your device and enter it via your web browser if it is associated with a service like iCloud and see if his name appears afterwards.

elvisx77

Sep 17, 2013
Visit site
Pls check whether you have saved this particular number twice (in two different places) in the address book. Try deleting one and send a text again and see.

Sent from my iPhone 5 using iMore Forums mobile app

pr1nce

Dec 3, 2012
Visit site
That's real weird. Try deleting the number from your contacts. Reboot your device and re- enter the contact info. Good luck.

joshb303

Sep 12, 2013
Visit site
I have done all of these, I only have him saved once in my contacts, I've deleted him, tried re-saving him straight from messages, it all. I found a thread saying that I need to reset EVERYTHING, because it's seeing the cache, and not allowing the name to overwrite the cache. But. Seeing as how I have a s*$& ton of apps, music, etc., and JB, I'm not doing that lol he can live nameless in my messages. I just find it strange why I can't override the messages into showing his name instead of his number. I have biteSMS 8.0beta installed, (not that it matters), and have synced contacts with Facebook too with Sync.Me, still no luck. Even deleting his thread won't fix it. Very strange!!! Thanks for the help guys! I'll keep fiddling with it every once in a while, and if you guys come up with any solutions without having to reset my phone, I'm all ears!

joshb303

Sep 12, 2013
Visit site
EDIT: deleted contact from phone, toggled iCloud contact sync in settings, signed out and back in to iCloud, and saved contact from Messages.

Thanks for the help guys! Hope this helps anyone else randomly having this issue. What a nuisance!