Trust this computer?

gordol

Apr 13, 2012
Visit site
Every time I plug either of my iThings into my computer at work, I get prompted by the iThing to trust or not trust the computer. The iThings are running iOS (7.0.4), and the computer is running WIn7 Enterprise SP1, iTunes is not installed nor can it be.

I'm plugging them in so I can run a photoframe slideshow and/or stream music from an online source without draining my batteries.

Is there any way to get the iThings to remember my choice and not prompt me every single frigging time?

iEd

Banned
Jun 13, 2012
Visit site
I found this on Apple Discussion forums.
"I was able to correct the "Trust this Computer" issue by disabling the iPhone device in the Windows Device Manager. Now when I connect my iPhone 5 to my Work PC, no "Trust this Computer" message and the iPhone still charges (even though it's disabled). Here's what I did to disable the device:

- Start > Devices and Printers
- Right-click on iPhone
- Hardware tab > Properties
- Driver tab > Disable"

nikkisharif

Ambassador
Jun 2, 2011
Visit site
"I was able to correct the "Trust this Computer" issue by disabling the iPhone device in the Windows Device Manager. Now when I connect my iPhone 5 to my Work PC, no "Trust this Computer" message and the iPhone still charges (even though it's disabled). Here's what I did to disable the device:

- Right-click on iPhone
- Driver tab > Disable"

This message pops up all the time on my work PCs. It never bothered me enough to research turning it off but its good to have the option. Thanks for the info, Charles!!!!

gordol

Apr 13, 2012
Visit site

- Right-click on iPhone
- Driver tab > Disable"

Good thing I have admin rights on my workstation, or that wouldn't have worked.

gordol

Apr 13, 2012
Visit site

- Right-click on iPhone
- Driver tab > Disable"

Actually, that failed. I'm no longer being prompted, but it's also no longer charging.

Jaguarr40

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
Why not put everything back the way it was to start so you can charge. This warning does not have a check box that says or asks to 'Remember this" or something similar?
If it does not which sounds like it does not, I would get use to it since you have found out when you do something to it, It does not work at all. Sometimes best toleave it alone.

Jaguarr40

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
Which I did.

No.
Then rather to tell you something that is going to mess up your computer I would start getting use to it. The only other thing believe it or not is ask google and spell it out just what you want, I do it all the time and get results, You never know unless you try.

Trees

Dec 26, 2012
Visit site
If your workplace allows it, could you use a power adapter + USB cable to charge your iDevices?

ChrisM76

Apr 4, 2015
Visit site
This is a security feature to prevent computers from automatically downloading content from your phone.

Simple fix in Windows:

1. Plug your phone into your computer.
2. Open Control Panel
3. If you are viewing by category, click on "Hardware and Sound", then "AutoPlay". If you are viewing by icon, just click "AutoPlay".
4. Scroll down to the bottom and find your iPhone/iPad.
5. In the dropdown select "Take no action".
6. Click the Save button.

You will no longer get the pop-up, and your phone will still charge.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
janikhan1234