Help!!! Not getting text notifications!!!!

rawrblaah

Dec 1, 2013
Visit site
Hi. I have an iPhone 4 with iOS v. 7.0.4. For whatever reason I'm not receiving any kind of notification of a received text message. I don't get the noise or vibration when receiving a text. I also don't get the little red bubble with a number inside telling me how many text messages are unread. I've checked my sounds and they work fine. I hear the locking noise, the keyboard tapping noise, and even receiving a phone call ringtone.

What can I do to resolve this problem?

Any help would be great! Thank you all so much in advanced! Happy holidays!!!

iEd

Banned
Jun 13, 2012
Visit site
Check settings sounds to see if a text tone is selected. Check notifications then messages app to see if badge app icon is turned on.

Jaguarr40

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
Everything is set to on. I'm still not receiving any text sounds. I also noticed that my reminders sound isn't working either.
Are you positive by going to sounds for these 2 apps you do have an sound set for each of these 2 apps and the sounds are turned on in the notification center for these 2 apps as well. I have no problems with mine at all.
You may want to try a hard reset rebooting your phone to see if this make a difference if you do have these 2 apps with sounds turned on and a a sound assigned to them.