I have a user with an iPhone 5s(os 7.0.4 on At&t). Yesterday her exchange email stopped syncing. It's constantly in this search mode for new email, so the phone gets hot and the battery drains. We've went to the Apple store and had it replaced. Same issue happens. Because exchange isn't syncing. All other emails are not syncing or slower.
Here's the kick in the head. I have an iPhone 5s(os 7.0.4 on Verizon) and her account works perfectly on my phone. Apple gave her a new phone, and it still doesn't work.
Could it be due to the sim card? It used to be on her iPhone 4
She's the only one with the issue, so I don't think it's exchange.
- 12-20-2013, 01:43 PM #2
Re: Exchange Sync
I assume on her replacement devices, she restored from a backup. If so, have her restore her iPhone again, but this time, set it up as a new device. Do not restore using a backup. I suspect the problem lies with a corrupted settings.
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
- 12-21-2013, 08:04 AM #4
- 12-26-2013, 06:57 PM #5
- 12-27-2013, 10:48 AM #6
Re: Exchange Sync
I had a very similar issue with my 5s recently. A restore from iCloud did the trick for me. It doesnt make any sense that it would have the same issue after a restore from new and not exhibit the same issues on another device with the same exchange account. I would log into the OWA (Outlook Web Access) for the exchange account, delete the phone from the devices, make sure the account is deleted from the phone and then re-add the account. Also make sure there are less than 10 devices in the device list in OWA.
- By iMore Question in forum Ask a QuestionReplies: 1Last Post: 12-20-2013, 11:37 AM
- By iMore Question in forum Ask a QuestionReplies: 1Last Post: 12-16-2013, 03:41 PM
- By kentl901 in forum iOS 7Replies: 2Last Post: 12-13-2013, 08:37 PM
- By CanadianMacFan in forum iPhone Apps & GamesReplies: 3Last Post: 12-12-2013, 09:40 PM
- By zerog46 in forum iTunesReplies: 1Last Post: 12-10-2013, 08:50 PM