Calendar Alert Issue

dustrho

May 10, 2012
Visit site
I have a calendar event I created on my iPhone 5 that recurs daily, and I don't want any notifications to come along with it. After creating the event there's a 15 minute alert that happens now for all future occurrences of this one daily recurring event. I don't want any notifications, so I tried removing it, saved the change for all future events, and it's still there. I tried changing it in Google Calendar on a computer without the notification, but it stills show up on my phone.

Any idea why this is happening? Anyone else experience this? I have 15 minute alert as my default setting on my phone, but I want that setting for most of my events. I just don't want it for this event.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Can you not edit the original calendar event and then select "None" under the "Alert" option?

Toochief

Apr 20, 2011
Visit site
I would delete the reoccurring events. Turn the phone off and back on and reestablish the event with no reminder.

dustrho

May 10, 2012
Visit site
I would delete the reoccurring events. Turn the phone off and back on and reestablish the event with no reminder.

Just tried that exactly like you suggested, and it automatically put the 15 minute alert on the event.

Now, that's the default alert setting I have setup for my google calendar, but if i manually remove it from the event in question it shouldn't show up like that.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Just tried that exactly like you suggested, and it automatically put the 15 minute alert on the event.

Now, that's the default alert setting I have setup for my google calendar, but if i manually remove it from the event in question it shouldn't show up like that.

Okay. Go to Settings->Mail, Contacts, Calendars and then scroll down to the "Calendars" section. Tap on "Default Alert Times" and then tap on "Events". After that, select "None". Your problem should then be resolved.

dustrho

May 10, 2012
Visit site
Okay. Go to Settings->Mail, Contacts, Calendars and then scroll down to the "Calendars" section. Tap on "Default Alert Times" and then tap on "Events". After that, select "None". Your problem should then be resolved.

I did that and it worked for a day or two, but now the 15 minute alert is back. This is ridiculous that it comes back like this with None selected for default alert times. Ugh.