iBooks keeps crashing, anyone else?

Redshirt

Jun 21, 2010
Visit site
Re: iBooks issue

I've noticed this as well on my iPad Air with multi-media books. It's not so much iBooks crashing as the iPad Air rebooting while I'm reading the book. Haven't noticed it with regular books or on my iPhone 5 (but I've not read much on it yet). Is there a particular book you're seeing this on?

bestbiged

Sep 29, 2014
Visit site
Installed the latest update 8.0.2 Now ibooks crashes when reading any book. Found that if you turn off the wifi it works ok. Evidently has something to do with ibooks trying to contact the cloud. Hope apple fixes this soon.

Jackie Haugstetter

Sep 30, 2014
Visit site
I tried turning off wifi and the app still closes after about 10mins. This is very disappointing and just plain annoying. I have also restarted the iPad as well all with. I luck

Ranabh

Mar 24, 2016
Visit site
Hi,

The best way is to downgrade to ios 9.2.1. Please check the link given below and follow exactly as it states.

How to Downgrade iOS 9.3 Back to iOS 9.2.1 | OSXDaily

Before you do anything, sync up iPad with iTunes and do a backup, and then download the ios file (the link to download is given inside the article) and save it in your PC/laptop.

It helped me and hope it will help you too.

Best of luck!

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Hi,

The best way is to downgrade to ios 9.2.1. Please check the link given below and follow exactly as it states.

How to Downgrade iOS 9.3 Back to iOS 9.2.1 | OSXDaily

Before you do anything, sync up iPad with iTunes and do a backup, and then download the ios file (the link to download is given inside the article) and save it in your PC/laptop.

It helped me and hope it will help you too.

Best of luck!

FYI: the last post prior to yours was created in 2014. iOS 9 had not been released at that point.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FallDesigner