7.1 Beta 2 is out :)

acerace113

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
Been reading reports that non-registered devices are getting locked out when updating via OTA and through iTunes.

Sent from my 5th gen iPod Touch or iPhone 5S using Tapatalk

Last edited:

rlacrossjr

Jan 19, 2013
Visit site
Been reading reports that non-registered devices are getting bricked when updating via OTA and through iTunes.

Read this on this forum all the time since ios 6 betas+, google search no results. I will update when I get home. Lol. Plus you can brick, just DFU and restore.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

acerace113

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
Read this on this forum all the time since ios 6 betas+, google search no results. I will update when I get home. Lol. Plus you can brick, just DFU and restore.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Put it this way: if you use OTA or use iTunes to restore or shift/option update the iOS device still has to activate with apple's servers.

anon(52425)

Mar 1, 2009
Visit site
Been reading reports that non-registered devices are getting bricked when updating via OTA and through iTunes.

Not bricked but it locks you out. My co-worker has been running his iPhone 5 on beta 7.1 without a dev account. He updated this morning and now it locked him out.

acerace113

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
For the record the car display toggle under restrictions in settings -> general was there in iOS 7.1 beta 1

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1386979281.102028.jpg