Help with picture size!!
Hello. I have a small issue that bothers the heck out of me Whenever I take a picture it looks fine and normal size but when I want to use it as my background pic is looks so big on screen and half the pic is cut out. Why does it do this?? Please help
- 12-10-2013, 02:10 PM #2
- 12-10-2013, 02:11 PM #3
- 12-10-2013, 02:16 PM #5
- 12-12-2013, 06:37 PM #8
Re: Help with picture size!!
Here's what's happening: in iOS 7 wallpapers must be at least the full dimension of the screen size. So if your photo is smaller that the screen size (which it always will be on an iPhone 5) then iOS will enlarge it so that it fills the lock screen view.
Here is a simple way around it: while in your Camera Roll, view the picture so it has a black background. Take a screenshot (press home and lock buttons at same time). You can then use that screenshot as a wallpaper (instead of the original photo) without having the same issue with enlargement because a screenshot is already the right size for iOS.
Hope that helps!
- By iMore.com in forum iMore.com News DiscussionReplies: 3Last Post: 12-15-2013, 09:39 AM
- By saurabh in forum iPad mini 2Replies: 10Last Post: 12-13-2013, 02:38 PM
- By Justin V in forum Mac Apps & GamesReplies: 1Last Post: 12-11-2013, 01:55 PM
- By jaleelhamid in forum Apple TVReplies: 9Last Post: 12-10-2013, 10:30 AM
- By sandman2000 in forum iPhone Apps & GamesReplies: 1Last Post: 12-10-2013, 07:16 AM