Help with picture size!!

Bosox20

Aug 16, 2011
Visit site
Hello. I have a small issue that bothers the heck out of me Whenever I take a picture it looks fine and normal size but when I want to use it as my background pic is looks so big on screen and half the pic is cut out. Why does it do this?? Please help

taz323

Mar 10, 2013
Visit site
Go into settings, general > Accessibility > turn on reduce motion > back out of settings, set wallpaper . When done turn off reduce motion if you wish.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
I don't know. Mine doesn't do that and fit perfectly on the screen when used as a background. Can you pinch your fingers on the display to scale the image to fit the screen?

Bosox20

Aug 16, 2011
Visit site
I try to pinch small and then save but it won't save when I pinch bit just goes back to normal size so frustrating

Massie

Feb 9, 2010
Visit site
Here's what's happening: in iOS 7 wallpapers must be at least the full dimension of the screen size. So if your photo is smaller that the screen size (which it always will be on an iPhone 5) then iOS will enlarge it so that it fills the lock screen view.

Here is a simple way around it: while in your Camera Roll, view the picture so it has a black background. Take a screenshot (press home and lock buttons at same time). You can then use that screenshot as a wallpaper (instead of the original photo) without having the same issue with enlargement because a screenshot is already the right size for iOS.

Hope that helps!

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thomas Woods